Pull KVM updates from Paolo Bonzini:
"First batch of KVM changes for 4.4.
A bunch of fixes and optimizations for interrupt and time handling.
Mostly bug fixes.
No big features, but many small fixes and prerequisites including:
- a number of fixes for the arch-timer
- introducing proper level-triggered semantics for the arch-timers
- a series of patches to synchronously halt a guest (prerequisite
for IRQ forwarding)
- some tracepoint improvements
- a tweak for the EL2 panic handlers
- some more VGIC cleanups getting rid of redundant state
Quite a few changes:
- support for VT-d posted interrupts (i.e. PCI devices can inject
interrupts directly into vCPUs). This introduces a new
component (in virt/lib/) that connects VFIO and KVM together.
The same infrastructure will be used for ARM interrupt
forwarding as well.
- more Hyper-V features, though the main one Hyper-V synthetic
interrupt controller will have to wait for 4.5. These will let
KVM expose Hyper-V devices.
- nested virtualization now supports VPID (same as PCID but for
vCPUs) which makes it quite a bit faster
- for future hardware that supports NVDIMM, there is support for
clflushopt, clwb, pcommit
- support for "split irqchip", i.e. LAPIC in kernel +
IOAPIC/PIC/PIT in userspace, which reduces the attack surface of
- obligatory smattering of SMM fixes
- on the guest side, stable scheduler clock support was rewritten
to not require help from the hypervisor"
* tag 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/virt/kvm/kvm: (123 commits)
KVM: VMX: Fix commit which broke PML
KVM: x86: obey KVM_X86_QUIRK_CD_NW_CLEARED in kvm_set_cr0()
KVM: x86: allow RSM from 64-bit mode
KVM: VMX: fix SMEP and SMAP without EPT
KVM: x86: move kvm_set_irq_inatomic to legacy device assignment
KVM: device assignment: remove pointless #ifdefs
KVM: x86: merge kvm_arch_set_irq with kvm_set_msi_inatomic
KVM: x86: zero apic_arb_prio on reset
drivers/hv: share Hyper-V SynIC constants with userspace
KVM: x86: handle SMBASE as physical address in RSM
KVM: x86: add read_phys to x86_emulate_ops
KVM: x86: removing unused variable
KVM: don't pointlessly leave KVM_COMPAT=y in non-KVM configs
KVM: arm/arm64: Merge vgic_set_lr() and vgic_sync_lr_elrsr()
KVM: arm/arm64: Clean up vgic_retire_lr() and surroundings
KVM: arm/arm64: Optimize away redundant LR tracking
KVM: s390: use simple switch statement as multiplexer
KVM: s390: drop useless newline in debugging data
KVM: s390: SCA must not cross page boundaries
KVM: arm: Do not indent the arguments of DECLARE_BITMAP