1. 23 Nov, 2010 4 commits
  2. 22 Nov, 2010 8 commits
  3. 21 Nov, 2010 4 commits
  4. 19 Nov, 2010 1 commit
  5. 18 Nov, 2010 1 commit
  6. 17 Nov, 2010 2 commits
    • Chris Paulson-Ellis's avatar
      ASoC: davinci: fixes for multi-component · bedad0ca
      Chris Paulson-Ellis authored
      Multi-component commit f0fba2ad broke a few things which this patch should
      fix. Tested on the DM355 EVM. I've been as careful as I can, but it would be
      good if those with access to other Davinci boards could test.
      
      --
      
      The multi-component commit put the initialisation of
      snd_soc_dai.[capture|playback]_dma_data into snd_soc_dai_ops.hw_params of the
      McBSP, McASP & VCIF drivers (davinci-i2s.c, davinci-mcasp.c & davinci-vcif.c).
      The initialisation had to be moved from the probe function in these drivers
      because davinci_*_dai changed from snd_soc_dai to snd_soc_dai_driver.
      
      Unfortunately, the DMA params pointer is needed by davinci_pcm_open (in
      davinci-pcm.c) before hw_params is called. I have moved the initialisation to
      a new snd_soc_dai_ops.startup function in each of these drivers. This fix
      indicates that all platforms that use davinci-pcm must have been broken and
      need to test with this fix.
      
      --
      
      The multi-component commit also changed the McBSP driver name from
      "davinci-asp" to "davinci-i2s" in davinci-i2s.c without updating the board
      level references to the driver name. This change is understandable, as there
      is a similarly named "davinci-mcasp" driver in davinci-mcasp.c.
      
      There is probably no 'correct' name for this driver. The DM6446 datasheet
      calls it the "ASP" and describes it as a "specialised McBSP". The DM355
      datasheet calls it the "ASP" and describes it as a "specialised ASP". The
      DM365 datasheet calls it the "McBSP". Rather than fix this problem by
      reverting to "davinci-asp", I've elected to avoid future confusion with the
      "davinci-mcasp" driver by changing it to "davinci-mcbsp", which is also
      consistent with the names of the functions in the driver. There are other
      fixes required, so it was never going to be as simple as a revert anyway.
      
      --
      
      The DM365 only has one McBSP port (of the McBSP platforms, only the DM355 has
      2 ports), so I've changed the the id of the platform_device from 0 to -1.
      
      --
      
      In davinci-evm.c, the DM6446 EVM can no longer share a snd_soc_dai_link
      structure with the DM355 EVM as they use different cpu DAI names (the DM355
      has 2 ports and the EVM uses the second port, but the DM6446 only has 1 port).
      This also means that the 2 boards need different snd_soc_card structures.
      
      --
      
      The codec_name entries in davinci-evm.c didn't match the i2c ids in the board
      files. I have only checked and fixed the details of the names used for the
      McBSP based platforms. Someone with a McASP based platform (eg DA8xx) should
      check the others.
      Signed-off-by: default avatarChris Paulson-Ellis <chris@edesix.com>
      Acked-by: default avatarLiam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
      Signed-off-by: default avatarMark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
      bedad0ca
    • Mark Brown's avatar
      ASoC: Fix register cache setup WM8994 for multi-component · 11e713a0
      Mark Brown authored
      During the multi-component conversion the WM8994 register cache init
      got lost.
      Signed-off-by: default avatarMark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
      Acked-by: default avatarLiam Girdwood <lrg@slimlogic.co.uk>
      11e713a0
  7. 15 Nov, 2010 2 commits
  8. 11 Nov, 2010 1 commit
  9. 10 Nov, 2010 8 commits
  10. 08 Nov, 2010 2 commits
  11. 06 Nov, 2010 2 commits
  12. 05 Nov, 2010 5 commits