1. 06 Mar, 2007 1 commit
  2. 16 Jan, 2007 2 commits
    • Leigh B. Stoller's avatar
      Move the bulk (or guts) of newuser and newproject from the web · 16aaa101
      Leigh B. Stoller authored
      interface to the backend. There are new scripts that can be called
      from the command line:
      
      	newuser xmlfile
      	newproj xmlfile
      
      They both run from small xmlfiles that are generated by the web
      interface from the form data. I also moved user verification to the
      backend so that we do not have duplicated email functions, but that
      was a small change.
      
      Upon error, the xmlfile is saved and sent to tbops so that we can
      rerun the command by hand, rather then force user to fill out form
      again. I also do a better job of putting the form back up intact when
      there are internal errors.
      
      If the user provides an initial public key, that is put into the xml
      file as well and addpubkey is called from newuser instead of the web
      interface. A more general change to addpukey is that it is now
      *always* called as "nobody". This script was a morass of confusion
      cause of having to call it as nobody before the user actually
      exists. In fact, another of my ongoing projects is to reduce the
      number of scripts called as a particular user, but thats a story for
      another day. Anyway, the script is always called as nobody, but we
      pass along the implied user in the environment so that it can do
      permission checks.
      16aaa101
    • Leigh B. Stoller's avatar
      35193718
  3. 10 Jan, 2007 1 commit
  4. 09 Jan, 2007 1 commit
  5. 05 Jan, 2007 1 commit
  6. 03 Jan, 2007 1 commit
    • Leigh B. Stoller's avatar
      Move most of the password changing code to the backend, as I just did · 32983db4
      Leigh B. Stoller authored
      for email changes. Currently, the hash is passed in on the command
      line from the web interface, and there is no method for invoking it on
      the command line and providing a text password, but that is an easy
      change now that the bulk of the code is in the backend instead of the
      web interface.
      
      Note that this change took longer cause we allow inactive,frozen, and
      wikionly users to change their password, but since they do not have
      accounts (yet) the operation is invoked as user "nobody" and tbacct
      about to me made aware of that possibility.
      
      Also add equivalent auditing email message that goes to the user when
      password is changed.
      
      Also more cleanup and conversion to objects.
      32983db4
  7. 03 Nov, 2006 1 commit
    • Leigh B. Stoller's avatar
      Big set of changes intended to solve a couple of problems with long · ff9061d4
      Leigh B. Stoller authored
      term archiving of firstclass objects like users, projects, and of
      course templates.
      
      * Projects, Users, and Groups are now uniquely identified inside the
        DB by a index value that will not be reused. If necessary, this
        could easily be a globally unique identifier, but without federation
        there is no reason to do that yet.
      
      * Currently, pid, gid, and uid still need to be locally unique until
        all of the changes are in place (which is going to take a fairly
        long time since the entire system operates in terms of those, except
        for the few places that I had to change to get the ball rolling).
      
      * We currently archive deleted users to the deleted_users table (their
        user_stats are kept forever since they are indexed by the new index
        column). Eventually do the same with projects (not sure about
        groups) but since we rarely if ever delete a project, there is no
        rush on this one.
      
      * At the same time, I have started a large reorg of the code, to move
        all of the user, group, project code into modules, both in php and
        perl, turning them into first class "objects" (as far as that goes
        in php and perl). Eventually, the number of query statements
        scattered around the code will be manageable, or so I hope.
      
      * Another related part of this reorg is to make it easier to move the
        new user/project/group code in the perl backend so that it can be
        made available via the xmlrpc interface (without duplication of the
        code).
      ff9061d4
  8. 26 Oct, 2006 1 commit