1. 24 Sep, 2012 1 commit
    • Eric Eide's avatar
      Replace license symbols with {{{ }}}-enclosed license blocks. · 6df609a9
      Eric Eide authored
      This commit is intended to makes the license status of Emulab and
      ProtoGENI source files more clear.  It replaces license symbols like
      "EMULAB-COPYRIGHT" and "GENIPUBLIC-COPYRIGHT" with {{{ }}}-delimited
      blocks that contain actual license statements.
      
      This change was driven by the fact that today, most people acquire and
      track Emulab and ProtoGENI sources via git.
      
      Before the Emulab source code was kept in git, the Flux Research Group
      at the University of Utah would roll distributions by making tar
      files.  As part of that process, the Flux Group would replace the
      license symbols in the source files with actual license statements.
      
      When the Flux Group moved to git, people outside of the group started
      to see the source files with the "unexpanded" symbols.  This meant
      that people acquired source files without actual license statements in
      them.  All the relevant files had Utah *copyright* statements in them,
      but without the expanded *license* statements, the licensing status of
      the source files was unclear.
      
      This commit is intended to clear up that confusion.
      
      Most Utah-copyrighted files in the Emulab source tree are distributed
      under the terms of the Affero GNU General Public License, version 3
      (AGPLv3).
      
      Most Utah-copyrighted files related to ProtoGENI are distributed under
      the terms of the GENI Public License, which is a BSD-like open-source
      license.
      
      Some Utah-copyrighted files in the Emulab source tree are distributed
      under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License, version 2.1
      (LGPL).
      6df609a9
  2. 01 Dec, 2006 1 commit
  3. 02 Oct, 2006 1 commit
  4. 08 Sep, 2006 1 commit
  5. 25 Aug, 2006 1 commit
  6. 24 Aug, 2006 1 commit
    • Jonathon Duerig's avatar
      Fixed the traffic model so that it is now in line with what Rob and I... · c6fa578a
      Jonathon Duerig authored
      Fixed the traffic model so that it is now in line with what Rob and I discussed. Delays are before the write with the write size cached. Writes expire based on an expiration date.
      
      Miscellaneous fixes. Open problem: PacketSensor does not deal correctly with zero-sized packets. I changed KernelTcp to pass such packets because otherwise there is no way to do state changes based on SYN/FIN/other packets. SYN is handled ok for now because of a change noted below. FIN is not.
      
      Added a StateSensor. As I discovered, using the kernel tcp_info data structure isn't useful when dealing with fields that change on a packet by packet basis because the kernel information is retrieved at processing time and not capture time. For instance, it is useless when trying to determine whether a connection was established by the time a particular packet was sent (to determine whether it is part of the three-way-handshake). The StateSensor keeps track of the state machine and correlates it to the packet involved. This allows the other sensors to rely on it to distinguish between connection setup and the rest of the connection traffic. Added references to it in the PacketSensor, the DelaySensor and the ThroughputSensor.
      
      Changed the way packet information was transmitted to the sensors to make it easier to add new packet types (as will be necessary when accept()s are handled).
      
      Fixed all outstanding flaws in the basic feedback mechanism. In short, "Its alive!". Currently the only data being transmitted is the base rtt (MinDelay). Now that the feedback is working in a basic form, it will be easier to get the other characteristics online.
      c6fa578a
  7. 18 Aug, 2006 1 commit
  8. 09 Aug, 2006 1 commit
  9. 08 Aug, 2006 1 commit
  10. 10 Jul, 2006 1 commit
  11. 07 Jul, 2006 1 commit