1. 24 Oct, 2007 1 commit
    • Leigh B. Stoller's avatar
      Moderate rework of the Emulab UI. When logged in, all of the main · 69ec957f
      Leigh B. Stoller authored
      menus that used to be on the left side, are now drop down menus along
      the top. The banner across the top will also be smaller and more space
      efficient.
      
      The primary motivation for these changes is to leave more room for
      actual content in the main window.
      
      Tested with Firefox (1.5 and 2.0), Safari (2.0 and 3.0) and on
      Internet Explorer Version 7. IE6 has some visual issues that might
      make it a little annoying, but should be viewed as incentive to
      upgrade to IE7 since it has been out a long time.
      69ec957f
  2. 07 Sep, 2007 2 commits
  3. 20 Jun, 2007 1 commit
    • Leigh B. Stoller's avatar
      Add summary node utilization stats. The initial values are derived by · 21890006
      Leigh B. Stoller authored
      processing the node_history table, but that is *way* too slow to do on
      the fly (say, from the web interface) cause of the number of records,
      so the summary info is stored in the new node_utilization table. I
      generate the summary info as new entries are added to node_history (in
      SetNodeHistory) but if that becomes too messy, we can just as easily
      shift to processing the table on a nightly basis.
      
      Note that I added a new "inception" date field to the nodes table,
      which will get set on new nodes, but for existing nodes I have to
      derive it from the first entry in the node_history table, or else the
      numbers will not make sense.
      21890006
  4. 20 Feb, 2007 1 commit
  5. 12 Feb, 2007 1 commit
    • Leigh B. Stoller's avatar
      * Replace the argument processing code in all pages. Currently we rely on · 48acc8e3
      Leigh B. Stoller authored
        register_globals=1 to turn POST/GET/COOKIES arguments in local variables.
        This is known to be a terrible security risk, and we keep saying we are
        going to fix it, and now I am. In order to accomplish this on a
        transitional basis (since I don't want the entire web interface to stop
        working while I debug it), and because the code just needs the cleanup, I
        am doing it like this: Each page will sport new declarations at the top:
      
      	RequiredPageArguments("experiment", PAGEARG_EXPERIMENT,
                                    "template",   PAGEARG_TEMPLATE,
                                    "instance",   PAGEARG_INSTANCE,
                                    "metadata",   PAGEARG_METADATA,
                                    "osinfo",     PAGEARG_OSINFO,
                                    "image",      PAGEARG_IMAGE,
                                    "project",    PAGEARG_PROJECT,
                                    "group",      PAGEARG_GROUP,
                                    "user",       PAGEARG_USER,
      			      "node",       PAGEARG_NODE,
      			      "yesno",      PAGEARG_BOOLEAN,
      			      "message",    PAGEARG_STRING,
      			      "age",        PAGEARG_INTEGER,
                                    "cost",       PAGEARG_NUMERIC,
                                    "formfields", PAGEARG_ARRAY,
                                    "unknown",    PAGEARG_ANYTHING);
      
      	OptionalPageArguments("canceled", PAGEARG_BOOLEAN);
      
        The first token in each pair is the name of the global variable to
        set, and the second token is the type. So, for "experiment" we look at
        the URL for a pid/eid or exptidx, etc, sanity check them (safe for a
        DB query), and then try to find that experiment in the DB. If it maps
        to an experiment, set global variable $experiment to the object. Since
        its a required argument, produce an error if not supplied. Similar
        treatment for optional arguments, with the obvious difference.
      
        The goal is to have ALL argument processing in one place, consistent,
        and correct. I've found numerous places where we leak unchecked
        arguments into queries. It also cuts out a lot of duplicated code.
      
      * To make the above easier to deal with, I've been replacing lots of
        hardcoded URLS in the code of the form:
      
      	foo.php3?pid=$pid&eid=$eid ...
      
        with
      
              CreateURL("foo", $experiment)
      
        which creates and returns the neccessary url string, by looking at
        the type of its arguments (experiment, template, instance, etc.)
      
        Eventually plan to replace them all so that URL handling throughout
        the code is all defined in one place (all the new URL code is in
        url_defs.php).
      
      * I have cranked up error reporting to tell me anytime a variable is
        used before it is initialized, plus a bunch of other stuff that PHP
        deems improper. Think of it like -Wall ... and boy we get a lot of
        warnings.  A very large percentage of the diffs are to fix all these
        warnings.
      
        The warnings are currently going to /usr/testbed/log/php-errors.log,
        and I'll be adding a script to capture them each night and mail them
        to tbops. This file also gets errors (this will be a change for
        developers; rather then seeing errors and warnings dumped in the
        middle of web pages, they will go to this file instead).
      
      * Major refactoring of the code. More objects (nodes, images, osids).
        Moving tons of queries into the objects in the hopes of someday
        getting to a point where we can split the web interface onto a
        different server.  Lots of general cleanup.
      48acc8e3