Big changes a comin' to try to get us back on the supported path.
* perl 5.14 -> 5.20
* mysql 5.1 -> 5.5
* php 5.4 -> 5.6
* tcl 8.4 -> 8.6
* number of vim patches up to 683.
Not everything tested yet, but getting there.
* New install/ports directory. New packages for FreeBSD 10.1 are version
6.1. Cleaned up the ports' Makefiles getting rid of conditionals for
all older versions. Also got rid of ports we don't use. Old ports tree
is now install/oports.
* Install script changes. Make sure /usr/bin/perl and /usr/local/bin/python
links exist. Ports no longer make these but we use them in '#!'. Changes
to mysql install and startup script--mysql has changed a LOT since we did
the support in 4.x. Create syslog entry for named.log. Make sure php.conf
loads the legacy "mysql" module rather than using "mysqli".
* Elabinelab support. reflect new packages, remove all old packages
(except perl) before installing new versions, install "extras" package,
make sure sendmail cert get regenerated, make sure /usr/bin/perl link
exists, make sure /usr/local/bin/python link exists.
* Custom ports. otcl and xerces-c2 have both been removed from the ports
tree as of Q2 2015. ipmitool-devel is a port for the latest version of
ipmitool. The FreeBSD port is still a rev behind here. We need the
newer version as it appears to make our SOL consoles more stable.
* Random. Fixed prerender as neato output has changed again. Tweak to
sslxmlrpc_server to reflect change in an underlying library. Tweak to
db/libdb.py.in to turn on autocommit which matters now as mysql 5.5 will
hang on a metadata lock otherwise. Remade eventsys perl/python stubs
with SWIG 2.0. SWIG 1.3 did not produce working stubs for perl 5.20.
* Apache is still at 2.2. I lack the guts and skilz to upgrade to 2.4.
* Xerces library is still at (now unsupported) 2.8. Assign will need
changes before we can move to 3.x.
* Python is still 2.7.
Thanks to Keith Sklower for all the work he did converting ports!