Several things have changed; here is an outline:
- "Thresholds" added to slothd
These are checked at each iteration against current idle data
to determine whether or not to set bits in the "active" vector.
- LAST_TTY_ACT (now) > LAST_TTY_ACT (previous)
- LOAD > <provided value>
- EXPER_PKT_COUNT(now) - EXPER_PKT_COUNT(prev) > <provided value>
- CNTRL_PKT_COUNT(now) - CNTRL_PKT_COUNT(prev) > <provided value>
- Values passed in via command line: do ./slothd -h for help
- "Aggressive" mode added to slothd
When a regular interval's worth of time has passed, and no activity
has been noted, slothd goes into "aggressive" mode. In this mode,
slothd changes its sleep interval, checking for activity much more
frequently (still reporting every <reg_interval>) until activity
is noted. This is based on the threshold logic above. When activity
is seen, slothd sends a report, and goes back to "regular" reporting.
- params passed via command line for regular, and aggressive intervals.
- sdcollectd updates data in new "node_activity" table
- Updates timestamps based on activity bits in received slothd packets
- No new rows are added.
- Option added to sdcollectd to insert into "old" node_idlestats and
- This is not the default (-o)
- New sdcollectd still accepts old client reports
- but does not update the node_activity table with them.
- Code cleanup
- Scan "active terminals only" option & code removed from slothd
- Always send report immediately on startup (no more option)
- Randomize time of second report to mitigate synchronization
- Send report on shutdown (receipt of INT, TERM, or QUIT)