1. 24 Sep, 2012 1 commit
    • Eric Eide's avatar
      Replace license symbols with {{{ }}}-enclosed license blocks. · 6df609a9
      Eric Eide authored
      This commit is intended to makes the license status of Emulab and
      ProtoGENI source files more clear.  It replaces license symbols like
      "EMULAB-COPYRIGHT" and "GENIPUBLIC-COPYRIGHT" with {{{ }}}-delimited
      blocks that contain actual license statements.
      
      This change was driven by the fact that today, most people acquire and
      track Emulab and ProtoGENI sources via git.
      
      Before the Emulab source code was kept in git, the Flux Research Group
      at the University of Utah would roll distributions by making tar
      files.  As part of that process, the Flux Group would replace the
      license symbols in the source files with actual license statements.
      
      When the Flux Group moved to git, people outside of the group started
      to see the source files with the "unexpanded" symbols.  This meant
      that people acquired source files without actual license statements in
      them.  All the relevant files had Utah *copyright* statements in them,
      but without the expanded *license* statements, the licensing status of
      the source files was unclear.
      
      This commit is intended to clear up that confusion.
      
      Most Utah-copyrighted files in the Emulab source tree are distributed
      under the terms of the Affero GNU General Public License, version 3
      (AGPLv3).
      
      Most Utah-copyrighted files related to ProtoGENI are distributed under
      the terms of the GENI Public License, which is a BSD-like open-source
      license.
      
      Some Utah-copyrighted files in the Emulab source tree are distributed
      under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License, version 2.1
      (LGPL).
      6df609a9
  2. 09 Aug, 2004 1 commit
    • Leigh Stoller's avatar
      Clean up the DirectoryIndex mess. · 30c0cff3
      Leigh Stoller authored
      * Remove DirectoryIndex from the .htaccess file. This file set the
        index for every directory to start.php3, which was wrong.
      
      * Change index.html to redirect to index.php3.
      
      * Change start.php3 to redirect to index.php3. I left the start.php3
        script in place (one line script) so that existing bookmarks work.
      
      * Move the code that used to be in start.php3 to the top of
        index.php3; this is the code that would zap to the My Emulab page
        when the user was logged in (and in https mode). Much simpler now.
      30c0cff3
  3. 07 Jul, 2002 1 commit
  4. 29 May, 2002 1 commit
    • Leigh Stoller's avatar
      A couple of small changes to prevent the "No Data" errors that · 86c0ffa5
      Leigh Stoller authored
      netscape gives when logged in using another browser. Most of the
      problems stems from the desire to allow users to refer to the main
      page in http mode even when logged in. I want to draw the menu as if
      logged in, but have the actual pages demand https mode. I'm also
      trying to catch the case where users have turned off cookies. I think
      Mac's idea is the way to go, but I don't want to mess with it right
      now. These changes will avoid the worst problem.
      86c0ffa5
  5. 22 May, 2002 1 commit
    • Leigh Stoller's avatar
      A large set of authorization changes. · d2360b6d
      Leigh Stoller authored
      * Cleanup! A lot of the structure derived from the early frame days,
        which had a noticable (and bad) effect on how I wrote the stuff.  I
        cleaned up most of that yuckyness.
      
      * In process, optimize a little bit on the queries. The old code did
        about 9 queries just to write out the menu options, and then
        repeated most of those queries again in the page guts. I've
        consolidated the queries as much as possible (to 3) and cache all
        the results.
      
      * Fix up problem with users who forget their passwords before
        verification. Basically, I fixed the more general problem of not
        being able to update your user info before verification/approval;
        users now get that menu option no matter their status.
      
      * Fix up problem of users being able to access pages before
        verification (but after approval) by going around the menu options.
        The page level check (after the menu is drawn) now checks all
        conditions (password expired, unverified, unapproved, timedout, and
        also nologins()).
      
      * Minor change in approveuser; do not show the new account to the
        project leader until the new user has verified his account.
      
      * Change verification method, as reqwuested by Dave.  In addition to
        providing the key, also provide a web link to take the user straight
        to verification. I actually take them direct to the login page, and
        pass the key in as an argument. If the user is already logged in,
        bypass and go directly to the verify page (not the form page of
        course).  If the user is not logged in, let him log in, and then
        forward the key onward to the verify page. Basically, bypass the
        form all the time, and just do the verification.
      
      * Minor change in showuser; Do not show pid/groups not approved in,
        and if the count is zero, do not draw the table headings.
      d2360b6d
  6. 10 Dec, 2001 1 commit
  7. 15 May, 2001 1 commit
  8. 18 Apr, 2001 1 commit
  9. 15 Mar, 2001 1 commit