1. 12 Apr, 2008 1 commit
  2. 19 Jul, 2004 1 commit
    • Kirk Webb's avatar
      A bunch of plab interface updates that I've worked on over the last while. · 03921d0e
      Kirk Webb authored
      Most significant is the revamped renewal code that tries to push the leases
      out to the policy defined maximum of two months during each iteration through
      the plabrenewd daemon loop.
      
      - added python lib code to get SiteVars
      - Fixed up comments to reflect current code operation
      - revamped renewal code (again)
        - changed all times to UTC for consistency
        - removed node-level renew invocation in favor of slice-level
          - if backend module requires node-level renewals, it must handle them
            itself in the slice-level function
          - better reporting
      - set admin bit if creating svc slice
        - other updates to ensure admin bit is preserved
      - update rootball handling function naming
      - updated tryXmlRpcCmd() to accept two new sets of strings, and a callback
        function.  The strings represent Faults that either 1) indicate success,
        or 2) indicate failure.  The callback is another optional error handling
        method, allowing the caller to decide how to treat individual faults as
        they see fit.
      - updated the backend module code to take advantage of the new string
        match status identifiers in tryXmlRpcCmd()
      - completely revamped slice renewal code in mod_PLC backend
        - compare against real lease expiration data gathered direct from PLC
        We used to just infer from our originally requested lease length
        - warn when our notion of expiration doesn't match PLC's
      - added agent caching and lease expiration info caching to mod_PLC
        backend.
      03921d0e
  3. 23 Mar, 2004 1 commit
    • Kirk Webb's avatar
      Snapshot. · fd6d8cc9
      Kirk Webb authored
      * incompatible option handling and use removed from gen purpose libs
      * Global PLC mutex implemented, but currently disabled
      * plabmonitord parallelization cut in half (for now)
      
      I'm still very frustrated with option handling/passing.  Needs more thought,
      but the primary issue is that there really isn't a global variable space in
      python (global to file, yes, but not global to interpreter invocation).
      
      I've learned that __builtin__ might work for this, but it seems hacky..
      fd6d8cc9
  4. 17 Mar, 2004 2 commits
    • Kirk Webb's avatar
      More updates: · 3ae7da68
      Kirk Webb authored
      * Added comments
      * Added Emulab copyright
      * made mod_PLC handle the "not assigned" error case in freeNode()
        - optimization and less log clutter.
      * bug fix in plabmonitord (ISUP decection)
      3ae7da68
    • Kirk Webb's avatar
      Snapshot. · 856c2509
      Kirk Webb authored
      * Changed the way options are parsed in the python scripts so that modules
        can easily add and use their own options independent of top-level scripts.
      
      * Added --noIS and --pollNodes module options.
      
      * Added batch option to vnode_setup (degree of parallelization)
        - defaults to 10
      
      * Major updates to plamonitord
        - batches testing, currently to 40
      856c2509
  5. 03 Mar, 2004 1 commit
    • Kirk Webb's avatar
      More plab updates/changes · d4a887e5
      Kirk Webb authored
      * implemented PLC slice renewal
      * restructured daemon code/startup
        - removed getfree daemon (replaced by plabdiscover; run from cron)
        - moved generic daemonizing code into libtestbed (class)
        - created plabrenewd - small script that utilizes daemonizing class
        - removed plabdaemon file.
        - updated bossnode startup scripts
      * changed slice prefix - PLC denies permission w/ anything other than "utah"
      * Minor semantic changes to module API to be more consistent with other parts.
      * Some bug fixes.
      d4a887e5