1. 07 May, 2007 1 commit
    • Leigh Stoller's avatar
      Mostly this commit is the switch from SVN archives to ZIP archives. · 55d1bb6e
      Leigh Stoller authored
      Other stuff leaked in too ...
      
      I did separate out a lot of tbsetup/libArchive into db/Archive, and
      whats left in libArchive.pm will eventually move over into the
      Template library.
      
      Note that I have dropped archiving of plain experiments; this is not
      really owrth it outside the workbench context, and it just wastes
      space and makes a lot if stuff painful in the web interface.
      55d1bb6e
  2. 04 May, 2007 3 commits
  3. 03 May, 2007 12 commits
  4. 02 May, 2007 2 commits
  5. 01 May, 2007 6 commits
  6. 30 Apr, 2007 6 commits
  7. 27 Apr, 2007 3 commits
  8. 26 Apr, 2007 7 commits
    • David Johnson's avatar
      Pics of the pc600s. · ce04d965
      David Johnson authored
      ce04d965
    • David Johnson's avatar
      Added pics of the pc600s. · 04920763
      David Johnson authored
      04920763
    • Leigh Stoller's avatar
      Fix minor typo reported by Keith Sklower. · b1bf12c5
      Leigh Stoller authored
      b1bf12c5
    • Leigh Stoller's avatar
      Fix to ShowExperiments; reversed permission test that controlled what · e4806b78
      Leigh Stoller authored
      experiments a user sees.
      e4806b78
    • Leigh Stoller's avatar
      Minor fix to previous revision. · dbf76dcb
      Leigh Stoller authored
      dbf76dcb
    • Robert Ricci's avatar
      30c06921
    • Robert Ricci's avatar
      Changes proposed by Jason Shupe and Keith Sklower from DETER. Some of the · 733ebb12
      Robert Ricci authored
      relevant email:
      
      Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 21:20:37 -0700
      From: Jason Shupe <jshupe@ISI.EDU>
      To: Testbed Ops <testbed-ops@emulab.net>
      Subject: [patches] tmcd.c (Jason) and elabinelab.in (Keith)
      
      Included in this email are my description of the problem, and my patches
      to tmcd.c, followed by more descriptions of the problem and Keith's
      patch to elabinelab.in.  I apologize in advance for misquoting,
      changing and other wise abusing Keith's prose.
      
      An elab in elab experiment was started from the DeterTest project.  A
      simple inner experiment was then started from the emulab-ops project.
      During experiment swap in the program agent would fail to start.  If the
      same simple inner experiment was started under the DeterTest project or
      on the main testbed it would start normally.
      
      It turned out that Keith's account (among others) wasn't getting created
      on the inner experimental node.
      
      tmcd was only sending a subset of accounts to the experimental nodes.
      By digging through the database queries from tmcd.c I noticed one of the
      database responses contained a NULL in the g.unix_gid field.  By
      removing the only user from the emulab-ops sub group 'ops-test' it was
      then possible to successfully swap in the inner experiment.
      
      I've included two different versions of an untested tmcd.c patch.  Both
      versions include changes only to the mysql statement.  Both versions of
      the modified mysql statements were tested on the elab in elab database
      after the only member of emulab-ops was re-added to the 'ops-test'
      group.  Both queries returned all results of the original statements
      except the offending record with the 'NULL' value for g.unix_gid.
      
      The first patch directly excludes the offending record(s), and the
      second patch simple changes the _left join_'s to just _join_'s (Keith's
      suggestion) which also produces the same result for the data set tested.
      
      Ted reminded me that "is not NULL" is better than my initial "!='NULL'",
      which also produces the same results.  Other suggestions on this end
      include specifically using "inner join", and to use both "inner join"
      and "is not NULL".
      
      Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 14:44:08 -0700
      From: Leigh Stoller <stoller@flux.utah.edu>
      Subject: Re: [patches] tmcd.c (Jason) and elabinelab.in (Keith)
      
      Well, unix_gid is not supposed to be null, so we should fix that problem
      instead, I would think.
      
      Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 00:35:30 -0700 (PDT)
      From: Keith Sklower <sklower@vangogh.CS.Berkeley.EDU>
      Subject: Re: [Deter-ops] [patches] tmcd.c (Jason) and elabinelab.in (Keith)
      
      It became null because of using an outer join instead of an inner join.
      
      I'll repeat the condition:
      1.) the DETER emulab-ops has subgroups
      2.) the inner elab group membership table and references to a group
          which was not inherited from the outer boss [pid=emulab-ops,
          gid=test-grup, uid=jhickey]
      
      So, my initial proposal was to be a bit tidier in specifying what
      group membership entries should be subsetted.
      
      (the was a phrase which intended to catch the group membership
      for anybody currently active in emulab-ops, but it was too encompassing).
      
      Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 13:15:51 -0600
      From: Robert P Ricci <ricci@cs.utah.edu>
      Subject: Re: [Deter-ops] [patches] tmcd.c (Jason) and elabinelab.in (Keith)
      
      I guess, then, I will commit both proposed changes to tmcd - both to
      make the existing join more 'correct', and to guard against other ways
      (ie. bad/inconsistent DB state) the gid might show up as null.
      733ebb12