1. 16 Dec, 2014 1 commit
  2. 24 Sep, 2012 1 commit
    • Eric Eide's avatar
      Replace license symbols with {{{ }}}-enclosed license blocks. · 6df609a9
      Eric Eide authored
      This commit is intended to makes the license status of Emulab and
      ProtoGENI source files more clear.  It replaces license symbols like
      "EMULAB-COPYRIGHT" and "GENIPUBLIC-COPYRIGHT" with {{{ }}}-delimited
      blocks that contain actual license statements.
      
      This change was driven by the fact that today, most people acquire and
      track Emulab and ProtoGENI sources via git.
      
      Before the Emulab source code was kept in git, the Flux Research Group
      at the University of Utah would roll distributions by making tar
      files.  As part of that process, the Flux Group would replace the
      license symbols in the source files with actual license statements.
      
      When the Flux Group moved to git, people outside of the group started
      to see the source files with the "unexpanded" symbols.  This meant
      that people acquired source files without actual license statements in
      them.  All the relevant files had Utah *copyright* statements in them,
      but without the expanded *license* statements, the licensing status of
      the source files was unclear.
      
      This commit is intended to clear up that confusion.
      
      Most Utah-copyrighted files in the Emulab source tree are distributed
      under the terms of the Affero GNU General Public License, version 3
      (AGPLv3).
      
      Most Utah-copyrighted files related to ProtoGENI are distributed under
      the terms of the GENI Public License, which is a BSD-like open-source
      license.
      
      Some Utah-copyrighted files in the Emulab source tree are distributed
      under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License, version 2.1
      (LGPL).
      6df609a9
  3. 21 Jul, 2011 1 commit
  4. 18 Oct, 2007 1 commit
    • Mike Hibler's avatar
      Preliminary support for Ubuntu Linux. · 38bc8fa1
      Mike Hibler authored
       * added new tmcd directory with Ubuntu (really, Debian) specifics
       * fixed up GNUmakefiles to not do "-g wheel" when creating directories
       * other, relatively minor tweaks
      38bc8fa1
  5. 23 Apr, 2007 1 commit
  6. 13 Mar, 2006 1 commit
    • Leigh B. Stoller's avatar
      A set of changes to run "prepare" on a node just prior to an image · d8f8f9b4
      Leigh B. Stoller authored
      being taken.
      
      The basic strategy is to have node_reboot (when -p option supplied)
      invoke a special command on the node that will cause the shutdown
      procedure to run prepare as it goes single user, but before the
      network is turned off and the machine rebooted. The output of the
      prepare run is capture and send back via the tmcd BOOTLOG command and
      stored in the DB, so that create_image can dump that to the logfile
      (so that the person taking the image can know for certain that the
      prepare ran and finished okay).
      
      On linux this is pretty easy to arrange since reboot is actually
      shutdown and shutdown runs the K scripts in /etc/rc.d/rc6.d, and at
      the end the node is basically single user mode. I just added a new
      script to run prepare and send back the output.
      
      On FreeBSD this is a lot harder since there are no decent hooks.
      Instead, I had to hack up init (see tmcd/freebsd/init/{4,5,6}) with
      some simple code that looks for a command to run instead of going to a
      single user shell. The command (script) runs prepare, sends the output
      back to tmcd, and then does a real reboot.
      
      Okay, so how to get -p passed to node_reboot? I hacked up the
      libadminmfs code slightly to do that, with new 'prepare' argument
      option. This may not be the best approach; might have to do this as a
      real state transition if problems develop. I will wait and see.
      
      Also, I changed www/loadimage.php3 to spew the output of the
      create_image to the browser.
      d8f8f9b4
  7. 25 Apr, 2005 1 commit
  8. 13 Apr, 2004 1 commit
  9. 17 Feb, 2004 1 commit
    • Leigh B. Stoller's avatar
      Medium size cleanup of the client side code. The main impetus behind · 069dc7d3
      Leigh B. Stoller authored
      this was to add soft reconfig support so that nodes could be
      reconfigured without having to reboot them. This appears to work, and
      has been tested with jails getting moved around. I've also tested the
      new code on the MFS, but still no testing has been done on PLAB nodes.
      
      The main change is that most of the code moved out of libsetup.pm, and
      was split into constituent rc scripts, each of which does its own
      thing, including cleaning up and preparing for making an image. Most
      of that central knowledge has been moved out into the scripts. Still more
      to do but this was a good start.
      069dc7d3
  10. 20 Jan, 2004 1 commit
  11. 05 Nov, 2003 1 commit
    • Leigh B. Stoller's avatar
      Client side of the event system changes. · 70246c91
      Leigh B. Stoller authored
      * Download the eventkey with new tmcd call.
      
      * Pass -k option to various agents so that they can verify the HMACs
        in the incoming notifications.
      
      * Change program agent; The list of agents from tmcd now includes the
        command, which is written to a config file for the program-agent to
        read in. The command string in the event is now ignored.
      
      * Build the local proxy for linux, and add the goo to start the local
        elvind and use the proxy. It has been this way on FreeBSD for a
        while, but I never got it installed for Linux before now.
      70246c91
  12. 18 Dec, 2002 2 commits
  13. 20 Sep, 2002 1 commit
  14. 10 Jul, 2002 1 commit
  15. 06 Jun, 2002 1 commit
  16. 28 Dec, 2001 1 commit