Poor 10Gb interface performance on the d820s
A while back (okay, probably a year ago) a user mentioned that he was only getting ~3Gb/s through the 10Gb interfaces on
pc609. We figured most likely this was a user error, but we put the node into
hwdown to investigate. A quick look into this a couple of weeks ago confirmed that the node did indeed exhibit poor performance (though not always) when talking to another d820,
pc616. I also discovered however, that at least one other d820,
pc607, also shows poor performance.
pc616 does not have any performance issues.
Based on this quick testing, it could be that
pc616 is the outlier and is the only one that can achieve 10Gb/sec. It has newer firmware than at least those other two nodes, so one possible avenue is to update the firmware on one of the others and see if the problem persists.
This does not appear to be an issue with BIOS settings on the nodes, or jumbo frames (or other) settings on the Arista switch.
Needs more investigation.