Deprecate the "classic" web interface to Emulab
Move to the portal web interface as the default.
The "must have before switch" tasks are mostly about creating portal equivalents of existing classic pages.
- "landing page" — @stoller
- hardware description page — @stoller
- AUP — @eeide
- administrative policies — @eeide
- copyright notice — @eeide
other Emulab sites — @eeide
- @eeide, Sun Sep 4: The other Emulab sites page is OK for the portal launch, so I've checked this it off. The page content should still be updated, but that can be a separate ticket.
Other pages that would be nice to have, but are not "must have before switch," include:
- instructions for downloading our software (*) — @stoller
- list of our own papers and talks
- list of papers published by users (**)
- map of users
- list of current and past sponsors
(*) We have advertised our software-page URL for many years; must continue to work.
(**) This is likely to be replaced by some sort of Google Scholar-ish query.
Pages that will probably not be transferred include:
- list of people who worked on Emulab
- photo gallery
Documentation is a separate (and ongoing) issue; not a blocker for moving to the portal interface as the default.