Come up with a current, comprehensive document for using storage in Emulab/Cloudlab
We have assorted wiki/FAQ pages about how to acquire and use storage in Emulab and CloudLab, but it is pretty scattered and mostly out of date.
Provides pointers to several others, but also talks about RON and /scratch (remember those?)
Talks about the NFS structure (for Emulab) and some dos and don'ts
Low-level instructions for creating an extra FS (vintage RHL9 and FBSD410).
Original tutorial text on creating custom images.
@kwebb's original document about the blockstore system.
@hibler's most recent guidance on what storage to use when. Probably the closest to what I have in mind, but too high level.
We need to answer questions about specific scenarios and provide pointers to profiles that do it. Examples:
- I need more local disk space, how do I get it?
- I need to log or output data at a high rate, where do I put it?
- I need a lot of persistent storage, how do I do it?
- I need a lot of persistent storage shared between my experiment nodes, how do I do it?
- Can I set up my own NFS server? HDFS? Ceph setup?
- I have a bunch of VM images that I need in my experiment, where do I put them?