1. 24 Sep, 2012 1 commit
    • Eric Eide's avatar
      Replace license symbols with {{{ }}}-enclosed license blocks. · 6df609a9
      Eric Eide authored
      This commit is intended to makes the license status of Emulab and
      ProtoGENI source files more clear.  It replaces license symbols like
      "EMULAB-COPYRIGHT" and "GENIPUBLIC-COPYRIGHT" with {{{ }}}-delimited
      blocks that contain actual license statements.
      
      This change was driven by the fact that today, most people acquire and
      track Emulab and ProtoGENI sources via git.
      
      Before the Emulab source code was kept in git, the Flux Research Group
      at the University of Utah would roll distributions by making tar
      files.  As part of that process, the Flux Group would replace the
      license symbols in the source files with actual license statements.
      
      When the Flux Group moved to git, people outside of the group started
      to see the source files with the "unexpanded" symbols.  This meant
      that people acquired source files without actual license statements in
      them.  All the relevant files had Utah *copyright* statements in them,
      but without the expanded *license* statements, the licensing status of
      the source files was unclear.
      
      This commit is intended to clear up that confusion.
      
      Most Utah-copyrighted files in the Emulab source tree are distributed
      under the terms of the Affero GNU General Public License, version 3
      (AGPLv3).
      
      Most Utah-copyrighted files related to ProtoGENI are distributed under
      the terms of the GENI Public License, which is a BSD-like open-source
      license.
      
      Some Utah-copyrighted files in the Emulab source tree are distributed
      under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License, version 2.1
      (LGPL).
      6df609a9
  2. 17 Feb, 2012 1 commit
    • Leigh Stoller's avatar
      BIG reorganization of the install code. · 82e1d812
      Leigh Stoller authored
      * Split up boss/ops/fs install into indvidual modules; generally, what
        was a toplevel phase in the original files is not a file. This
        allowed for better code/variable reuse. No longer monolithic, which
        makes it easy to test and rerun parts.
      
      * Incorporate "update" into the install process. Certain phase file
        can be used in update mode, as when the IP/subnet/domain changes.
      
      * Moved the MFS setup from rc.mkelab into the normal install process.
        Users no longer have to do this themselves. Good thing.
      
      * installvars.pm is a new library that has the merged set of the
        zillion variables that were at the top of boss/fs/ops install.
      82e1d812
  3. 07 Jul, 2002 1 commit
  4. 10 Apr, 2002 1 commit
    • Leigh Stoller's avatar
      Convert to prompt=no, with per cert config files. This avoids all · 658ee16b
      Leigh Stoller authored
      interaction with the user. The main point to note is that for the
      clients, there is a localnode.cnf and a ronnode.cnf. The difference is
      that I encode the type (pcron) in one of the extra fields so that tmcd
      can do a check on it. This is in lieu of per client certs, which would
      be a big pain in the butt right now. As we add other remote groups, we
      will create new config files. I bet this will change over time, as
      we learn more.
      
      Chad, it would be nice the tiptunnel cert could be generated from this
      setup.
      658ee16b