1. 12 Jul, 2014 1 commit
    • Mike Hibler's avatar
      Make sure we use -i for sendmail when we pipe into it. · 355f5aa8
      Mike Hibler authored
      This prevents a line with a single "." from meaning EOF to sendmail.
      How arcane!
      
      I discovered this when I ran a create_image and I didn't get the complete
      log mailed to me. This is because create_image did a frisbee download of an
      image with a single chunk, which of course printed out:
      
        Using Multicast 235.252.1.187
        Joined the team after 0 sec. ID is 1586355915. File is 1 chunks (963200 bytes)
        .
      
      Fortunately, "arcane" is my middle name, so it didn't take me long to find
      this...
      355f5aa8
  2. 26 Feb, 2014 1 commit
  3. 24 Sep, 2012 1 commit
    • Eric Eide's avatar
      Replace license symbols with {{{ }}}-enclosed license blocks. · 6df609a9
      Eric Eide authored
      This commit is intended to makes the license status of Emulab and
      ProtoGENI source files more clear.  It replaces license symbols like
      "EMULAB-COPYRIGHT" and "GENIPUBLIC-COPYRIGHT" with {{{ }}}-delimited
      blocks that contain actual license statements.
      
      This change was driven by the fact that today, most people acquire and
      track Emulab and ProtoGENI sources via git.
      
      Before the Emulab source code was kept in git, the Flux Research Group
      at the University of Utah would roll distributions by making tar
      files.  As part of that process, the Flux Group would replace the
      license symbols in the source files with actual license statements.
      
      When the Flux Group moved to git, people outside of the group started
      to see the source files with the "unexpanded" symbols.  This meant
      that people acquired source files without actual license statements in
      them.  All the relevant files had Utah *copyright* statements in them,
      but without the expanded *license* statements, the licensing status of
      the source files was unclear.
      
      This commit is intended to clear up that confusion.
      
      Most Utah-copyrighted files in the Emulab source tree are distributed
      under the terms of the Affero GNU General Public License, version 3
      (AGPLv3).
      
      Most Utah-copyrighted files related to ProtoGENI are distributed under
      the terms of the GENI Public License, which is a BSD-like open-source
      license.
      
      Some Utah-copyrighted files in the Emulab source tree are distributed
      under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License, version 2.1
      (LGPL).
      6df609a9
  4. 01 Dec, 2006 1 commit
  5. 20 Oct, 2006 1 commit
    • Mike Hibler's avatar
      Wow, this should make me look important! · afa5e919
      Mike Hibler authored
      Two-day boondoggle to support "/scratch", an optional large, shared filesystem
      for users.  To do this, I needed to find all the instances where /proj is used
      and behave accordingly.  The boondoggle part was the decision to gather up all
      the hardwired instances of shared directory names ("/proj", "/users", etc.)
      so that they are set in a common place (via unexposed configure variables).
      This is a boondoggle because:
      
      1. I didn't change the client-side scripts.  They need a different mechanism
         (e.g., tmcd) to get the info, configure is the wrong way.
      
      2. Even if I had done #1 it is likely--no, certain--that something would
         fail if you tried to rename "/proj" to be "/mike".  These names are just
         too ingrained.
      
      3. We may not even use "/scratch" as it turns out.
      
      Note, I also didn't fix any of the .html documentation.  Anyway, it is done.
      To maintain my illusion in the future you should:
      
      1. Have perl scripts include "use libtestbed" and use the defined PROJROOT(),
         et.al. functions where possible.  If not possible, make sure they run
         through configure and use @PROJROOT_DIR@, etc.
      
      2. Use the configure method for python, C, php and other languages.
      
      3. There are perl (TBValidUserDir) and php (VALIDUSERPATH) functions which
         you should call to determine if an NS, template parameter, tarball or
         other file are in "an acceptable location."  Use these functions where
         possible.  They know about the optional "scratch" filesystem.  Note that
         the perl function is over-engineered to handles cases that don't occur
         in nature.
      afa5e919
  6. 18 Oct, 2006 1 commit
  7. 16 Jun, 2006 1 commit
  8. 26 Sep, 2005 1 commit
  9. 03 Jun, 2003 1 commit
  10. 10 Apr, 2003 1 commit
  11. 09 Apr, 2003 1 commit
    • Mac Newbold's avatar
      Add new script to notify users when they are over their quota. Runs from · 38310b4e
      Mac Newbold authored
      cron daily, on the fs node (ops) as root. Uses lots of configure variables
      so that it does the right thing in any installation, without any
      customization.
      
      One possible caveat regarding quotas: If FS_NODE != USERNODE, they don't
      have a login on the fs machine. So checking their quota won't work unless
      the rpc.rquotad(8) daemon is running on FS_NODE, which we currently don't
      do.
      
      In order to do this right, I had to add a new configure var,
      FS_WITH_QUOTAS, that has a space separated list of file systems that have
      quotas enabled. (Ie the default is 'FS_WITH_QUOTAS="/q /users"'.) It
      doesn't have any default, since I couldn't come up with a reasonable one.
      All the defs files have been updated appropriately to define this new
      variable.
      38310b4e