1. 24 Sep, 2012 1 commit
    • Eric Eide's avatar
      Replace license symbols with {{{ }}}-enclosed license blocks. · 6df609a9
      Eric Eide authored
      This commit is intended to makes the license status of Emulab and
      ProtoGENI source files more clear.  It replaces license symbols like
      "EMULAB-COPYRIGHT" and "GENIPUBLIC-COPYRIGHT" with {{{ }}}-delimited
      blocks that contain actual license statements.
      
      This change was driven by the fact that today, most people acquire and
      track Emulab and ProtoGENI sources via git.
      
      Before the Emulab source code was kept in git, the Flux Research Group
      at the University of Utah would roll distributions by making tar
      files.  As part of that process, the Flux Group would replace the
      license symbols in the source files with actual license statements.
      
      When the Flux Group moved to git, people outside of the group started
      to see the source files with the "unexpanded" symbols.  This meant
      that people acquired source files without actual license statements in
      them.  All the relevant files had Utah *copyright* statements in them,
      but without the expanded *license* statements, the licensing status of
      the source files was unclear.
      
      This commit is intended to clear up that confusion.
      
      Most Utah-copyrighted files in the Emulab source tree are distributed
      under the terms of the Affero GNU General Public License, version 3
      (AGPLv3).
      
      Most Utah-copyrighted files related to ProtoGENI are distributed under
      the terms of the GENI Public License, which is a BSD-like open-source
      license.
      
      Some Utah-copyrighted files in the Emulab source tree are distributed
      under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License, version 2.1
      (LGPL).
      6df609a9
  2. 21 Oct, 2008 1 commit
    • Kevin Atkinson's avatar
      If a known user (based on stored cookies) is not logged in than · 846a98d6
      Kevin Atkinson authored
      redirect to the login page rather than printing a message with a link
      to the page.  Otherwise send a "403 Forbidden" to keep robots from
      indexing the page.  Also send appreciate HTTP responses on other
      precheck errors to keep a robot from indexing the page.  In order to
      do this the PAGEHEADER call needed to be moved to after
      CheckLoginOrDie and Required/OptionalPageArguments on many pages.  A
      warning will be printed if either CheckLoginOrDie or
      Required/OptionalPageArguments detects that PAGEHEADER was already
      called.
      
      Also change the redirect in kb-show to be a permanent redirect (301)
      rather than a temporary one (302) which is the default unless a status
      code is given.
      846a98d6
  3. 27 Jul, 2007 1 commit
    • Leigh Stoller's avatar
      * Add new tables to store NS files (and any files they source) in the · f8333ef2
      Leigh Stoller authored
        DB alongside the resource records. Previously, we stored only the
        nsfiles for current experiments, and purged them when the experiment
        was terminated. The new approach saves them forever using the resource
        record ID. Note that we do not store copies of NS files, but reference
        them indirectly instead so that we can MD5 them and avoid the dups.
      
        I put a "compressed" bit into the table cause at some point we will
        start compressing the data before storing them into the DB. Or maybe
        we bag this and start using GFS!
      
        Also note that this addresses the problem of losing the NS file
        history when using swapmod, since the NS file is overwritten.
      
      * Add a pmapping table stores the nodes (and their types) used by an
        experiment. This data is also saved forever, alongside the resource
        records, so that we can more accurately replay an experiment. As Rob
        points out, the node names can also be used in conjunction with the
        ptop files that are saved, to get a 100% accurate remap of resources.
      f8333ef2
  4. 20 Jun, 2007 1 commit
    • Leigh Stoller's avatar
      Add summary node utilization stats. The initial values are derived by · 21890006
      Leigh Stoller authored
      processing the node_history table, but that is *way* too slow to do on
      the fly (say, from the web interface) cause of the number of records,
      so the summary info is stored in the new node_utilization table. I
      generate the summary info as new entries are added to node_history (in
      SetNodeHistory) but if that becomes too messy, we can just as easily
      shift to processing the table on a nightly basis.
      
      Note that I added a new "inception" date field to the nodes table,
      which will get set on new nodes, but for existing nodes I have to
      derive it from the first entry in the node_history table, or else the
      numbers will not make sense.
      21890006