1. 29 Mar, 2019 1 commit
  2. 08 Aug, 2018 1 commit
    • Leigh Stoller's avatar
      Big set of changes for deferred/scheduled/offline aggregates: · 6f17de73
      Leigh Stoller authored
      * I started out to add just deferred aggregates; those that are offline
        when starting an experiment (and marked in the apt_aggregates table as
        being deferable). When an aggregate is offline, we add an entry to the
        new apt_deferred_aggregates table, and periodically retry to start the
        missing slivers. In order to accomplish this, I split create_instance
        into two scripts, first part to create the instance in the DB, and the
        second (create_slivers) to create slivers for the instance. The daemon
        calls create_slivers for any instances in the deferred table, until
        all deferred aggregates are resolved.
      
        On the UI side, there are various changes to deal with allowing
        experiments to be partially create. For example used to wait till we
        have all the manifests until showing the topology. Now we show the
        topo on the first manifest, and then add them as they come in. Various
        parts of the UI had to change to deal with missing aggregates, I am
        sure I did not get them all.
      
      * And then once I had that, I realized that "scheduled" experiments was
        an "easy" addition, its just a degenerate case of deferred. For this I
        added some new slots to the tables to hold the scheduled start time,
        and added a started stamp so we can distinguish between the time it
        was created and the time it was actually started. Lots of data.
      
        On the UI side, there is a new fourth step on the instantiate page to
        give the user a choice of immediate or scheduled start. I moved the
        experiment duration to this step. I was originally going to add a
        calendar choice for termination, but I did not want to change the
        existing 16 hour max duration policy, yet.
      6f17de73
  3. 04 Dec, 2017 1 commit
    • Leigh Stoller's avatar
      Changes related to extensions: · e1b6076f
      Leigh Stoller authored
      * Change the units of extension from days to hours along the extension
        path. The user does not see this directly, but it allows us to extend
        experiments to the hour before they are needed by a different
        reservation, both on the user extend modal and the admin extend modal.
      
        On the admin extend page, the input box still defaults to days, but
        you can also use xDyH to specify days and hours. Or just yH for just
        hours.
      
        But to make things easier, there is also a new "max" checkbox to
        extend an experiment out to the maximum allowed by the reservation
        system.
      
      * Changes to "lockout" (disabling extensions). Add a reason field to the
        database, clicking the lockout checkbox will prompt for an optional
        reason.
      
        The user no longer sees the extension modal when extensions are
        disabled, we show an alert instead telling them extensions are
        disabled, and the reason.
      
        On the admin extend page there is a new checkbox to disable extensions
        when denying an extension or scheduling termination.
      
        Log extension disable/enable to the audit log.
      
      * Clear out a bunch of old extension code that is no longer used (since
        the extension code was moved from php to perl).
      e1b6076f
  4. 17 Apr, 2017 1 commit
    • Leigh Stoller's avatar
      Separate user vs admin lockdown, previously they were intertwined. · 8e88917e
      Leigh Stoller authored
      User lockdown is as before, user can override that on the terminate
      page. Admin lockdown is like Classic lockdown; the flag must be cleared
      before the experiment can be terminated, there is no override on the
      termination page.
      
      UI changes on the status and admin extend page for the additional
      flag (instead of a single lockdown, there are now two).
      8e88917e
  5. 31 Mar, 2015 1 commit
  6. 23 May, 2014 1 commit