1. 21 Oct, 2008 1 commit
    • Kevin Atkinson's avatar
      If a known user (based on stored cookies) is not logged in than · 846a98d6
      Kevin Atkinson authored
      redirect to the login page rather than printing a message with a link
      to the page.  Otherwise send a "403 Forbidden" to keep robots from
      indexing the page.  Also send appreciate HTTP responses on other
      precheck errors to keep a robot from indexing the page.  In order to
      do this the PAGEHEADER call needed to be moved to after
      CheckLoginOrDie and Required/OptionalPageArguments on many pages.  A
      warning will be printed if either CheckLoginOrDie or
      Required/OptionalPageArguments detects that PAGEHEADER was already
      called.
      
      Also change the redirect in kb-show to be a permanent redirect (301)
      rather than a temporary one (302) which is the default unless a status
      code is given.
      846a98d6
  2. 31 Aug, 2007 1 commit
  3. 07 May, 2007 1 commit
    • Leigh Stoller's avatar
      Mostly this commit is the switch from SVN archives to ZIP archives. · 55d1bb6e
      Leigh Stoller authored
      Other stuff leaked in too ...
      
      I did separate out a lot of tbsetup/libArchive into db/Archive, and
      whats left in libArchive.pm will eventually move over into the
      Template library.
      
      Note that I have dropped archiving of plain experiments; this is not
      really owrth it outside the workbench context, and it just wastes
      space and makes a lot if stuff painful in the web interface.
      55d1bb6e
  4. 12 Feb, 2007 2 commits
    • Leigh Stoller's avatar
      Minor bug fixes · 7deb603b
      Leigh Stoller authored
      7deb603b
    • Leigh Stoller's avatar
      * Replace the argument processing code in all pages. Currently we rely on · 48acc8e3
      Leigh Stoller authored
        register_globals=1 to turn POST/GET/COOKIES arguments in local variables.
        This is known to be a terrible security risk, and we keep saying we are
        going to fix it, and now I am. In order to accomplish this on a
        transitional basis (since I don't want the entire web interface to stop
        working while I debug it), and because the code just needs the cleanup, I
        am doing it like this: Each page will sport new declarations at the top:
      
      	RequiredPageArguments("experiment", PAGEARG_EXPERIMENT,
                                    "template",   PAGEARG_TEMPLATE,
                                    "instance",   PAGEARG_INSTANCE,
                                    "metadata",   PAGEARG_METADATA,
                                    "osinfo",     PAGEARG_OSINFO,
                                    "image",      PAGEARG_IMAGE,
                                    "project",    PAGEARG_PROJECT,
                                    "group",      PAGEARG_GROUP,
                                    "user",       PAGEARG_USER,
      			      "node",       PAGEARG_NODE,
      			      "yesno",      PAGEARG_BOOLEAN,
      			      "message",    PAGEARG_STRING,
      			      "age",        PAGEARG_INTEGER,
                                    "cost",       PAGEARG_NUMERIC,
                                    "formfields", PAGEARG_ARRAY,
                                    "unknown",    PAGEARG_ANYTHING);
      
      	OptionalPageArguments("canceled", PAGEARG_BOOLEAN);
      
        The first token in each pair is the name of the global variable to
        set, and the second token is the type. So, for "experiment" we look at
        the URL for a pid/eid or exptidx, etc, sanity check them (safe for a
        DB query), and then try to find that experiment in the DB. If it maps
        to an experiment, set global variable $experiment to the object. Since
        its a required argument, produce an error if not supplied. Similar
        treatment for optional arguments, with the obvious difference.
      
        The goal is to have ALL argument processing in one place, consistent,
        and correct. I've found numerous places where we leak unchecked
        arguments into queries. It also cuts out a lot of duplicated code.
      
      * To make the above easier to deal with, I've been replacing lots of
        hardcoded URLS in the code of the form:
      
      	foo.php3?pid=$pid&eid=$eid ...
      
        with
      
              CreateURL("foo", $experiment)
      
        which creates and returns the neccessary url string, by looking at
        the type of its arguments (experiment, template, instance, etc.)
      
        Eventually plan to replace them all so that URL handling throughout
        the code is all defined in one place (all the new URL code is in
        url_defs.php).
      
      * I have cranked up error reporting to tell me anytime a variable is
        used before it is initialized, plus a bunch of other stuff that PHP
        deems improper. Think of it like -Wall ... and boy we get a lot of
        warnings.  A very large percentage of the diffs are to fix all these
        warnings.
      
        The warnings are currently going to /usr/testbed/log/php-errors.log,
        and I'll be adding a script to capture them each night and mail them
        to tbops. This file also gets errors (this will be a change for
        developers; rather then seeing errors and warnings dumped in the
        middle of web pages, they will go to this file instead).
      
      * Major refactoring of the code. More objects (nodes, images, osids).
        Moving tons of queries into the objects in the hopes of someday
        getting to a point where we can split the web interface onto a
        different server.  Lots of general cleanup.
      48acc8e3
  5. 20 Dec, 2006 1 commit
  6. 24 May, 2006 1 commit
  7. 17 Jan, 2006 1 commit