1. 07 Nov, 2013 1 commit
  2. 10 Apr, 2013 1 commit
  3. 22 Mar, 2013 1 commit
  4. 15 Mar, 2013 1 commit
  5. 24 Sep, 2012 1 commit
    • Eric Eide's avatar
      Replace license symbols with {{{ }}}-enclosed license blocks. · 6df609a9
      Eric Eide authored
      This commit is intended to makes the license status of Emulab and
      ProtoGENI source files more clear.  It replaces license symbols like
      "EMULAB-COPYRIGHT" and "GENIPUBLIC-COPYRIGHT" with {{{ }}}-delimited
      blocks that contain actual license statements.
      
      This change was driven by the fact that today, most people acquire and
      track Emulab and ProtoGENI sources via git.
      
      Before the Emulab source code was kept in git, the Flux Research Group
      at the University of Utah would roll distributions by making tar
      files.  As part of that process, the Flux Group would replace the
      license symbols in the source files with actual license statements.
      
      When the Flux Group moved to git, people outside of the group started
      to see the source files with the "unexpanded" symbols.  This meant
      that people acquired source files without actual license statements in
      them.  All the relevant files had Utah *copyright* statements in them,
      but without the expanded *license* statements, the licensing status of
      the source files was unclear.
      
      This commit is intended to clear up that confusion.
      
      Most Utah-copyrighted files in the Emulab source tree are distributed
      under the terms of the Affero GNU General Public License, version 3
      (AGPLv3).
      
      Most Utah-copyrighted files related to ProtoGENI are distributed under
      the terms of the GENI Public License, which is a BSD-like open-source
      license.
      
      Some Utah-copyrighted files in the Emulab source tree are distributed
      under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License, version 2.1
      (LGPL).
      6df609a9
  6. 12 Jun, 2012 1 commit
  7. 25 Apr, 2012 1 commit
  8. 11 Apr, 2012 1 commit
    • Leigh Stoller's avatar
      So this commit allows a vlan to be "shared" bewteen experiments. By · dae29101
      Leigh Stoller authored
      shared, I mean that an experiment can request that a port be put into
      a vlan belonging to another experiment. This started out as a hack to
      support openflow enabled vlans in Geni, but then I got a request to
      make it a little more general purpose. You all know how that goes.
      
      Okay, say you have an experiment E1 in some project and that
      experiment has a link or lan call "lan0". You want other experiments
      to be able to stick ports in that vlan. On boss, you would do this
      after E1 is swapped in:
      
      boss> wap sharevlan -o testbed,E1 lan0 mysharedlan
      
      The -o option says to make the vlan open to anyone; without that
      option, only admins can swap in an experiment that requests a port in
      lan0.  The token "mysharedlan" is just a level of indirection for the
      NS file (or rspec).
      
      Next you create a new experiment E2, and in your NS file:
      
      	$ns make-portinvlan $n1 "mysharedlan"
      
      which says to create a lan with a interface on node n1, in the vlan
      named by the token mysharedlan. The token keeps specific pid/eids out
      of the NS file. 
      
      When E2 is swapped in, assign does its thing, and the selected port is
      added to the members list for lan0 in testbed,E1 and then we call
      snmpit with the syncvlansfromtables (-X) option to get the port added.
      
      When E2 is swapped out, we undo the members list and call snmpit with
      the -X option again.
      
      The access issue is a bit of hack of course (open or admins) but I did
      not want to invent a new permission mechanism (yet).
      
      And of course, this is still a work in progress.
      dae29101