1. 24 Sep, 2012 1 commit
    • Eric Eide's avatar
      Replace license symbols with {{{ }}}-enclosed license blocks. · 6df609a9
      Eric Eide authored
      This commit is intended to makes the license status of Emulab and
      ProtoGENI source files more clear.  It replaces license symbols like
      "EMULAB-COPYRIGHT" and "GENIPUBLIC-COPYRIGHT" with {{{ }}}-delimited
      blocks that contain actual license statements.
      
      This change was driven by the fact that today, most people acquire and
      track Emulab and ProtoGENI sources via git.
      
      Before the Emulab source code was kept in git, the Flux Research Group
      at the University of Utah would roll distributions by making tar
      files.  As part of that process, the Flux Group would replace the
      license symbols in the source files with actual license statements.
      
      When the Flux Group moved to git, people outside of the group started
      to see the source files with the "unexpanded" symbols.  This meant
      that people acquired source files without actual license statements in
      them.  All the relevant files had Utah *copyright* statements in them,
      but without the expanded *license* statements, the licensing status of
      the source files was unclear.
      
      This commit is intended to clear up that confusion.
      
      Most Utah-copyrighted files in the Emulab source tree are distributed
      under the terms of the Affero GNU General Public License, version 3
      (AGPLv3).
      
      Most Utah-copyrighted files related to ProtoGENI are distributed under
      the terms of the GENI Public License, which is a BSD-like open-source
      license.
      
      Some Utah-copyrighted files in the Emulab source tree are distributed
      under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License, version 2.1
      (LGPL).
      6df609a9
  2. 07 Jan, 2009 1 commit
  3. 05 Dec, 2007 1 commit
  4. 06 Mar, 2007 1 commit
  5. 18 Jul, 2006 1 commit
    • Leigh Stoller's avatar
      Changes necessary for moving most of the stuff in the node_types · 624a0364
      Leigh Stoller authored
      table, into a new table called node_type_attributes, which is intended
      to be a more extensible way of describing nodes.
      
      The only things left in the node_types table will be type,class and the
      various isXXX boolean flags, since we use those in numerous joins all over
      the system (ie: when discriminating amongst nodes).
      
      For the most part, all of that other stuff is rarely used, or used in
      contexts where the information is needed, but not for type descrimination.
      Still, it made for a lot of queries to change!
      
      Along the way I added a NodeType library module that represents the type
      info as a perl object. I also beefed up the existing Node module, and
      started using it in more places. I also added an Interfaces module, but I
      have not done much with that yet.
      
      I have not yet removed all the slots from the node_types table; I plan to
      run the new code for a few days and then remove the slots.
      
      Example using the new NodeType object:
      
      	use NodeType;
      
      	my $typeinfo = NodeType->Lookup($type);
      
              if ($typeinfo->control_interface(\$control_iface) ||
                  !$control_iface) {
        	    warn "No control interface for $type is defined in the DB!\n";
              }
      
      or using the Node:
      
      	use Node;
      
              my $nodeobject = Node->Lookup($node_id);
              my $imageable  = $nodeobject->NodeTypeInfo()->imageable();
      or
              my $rebootable = $nodeobject->isrebootable();
      or
              $nodeobject->NodeTypeAttribute("control_interface", \$control_iface);
      
      Lots of way to accomplish the same thing, but the main point is that the
      Node is able to override the NodeType (if it wants to), which I think is
      necessary for flexibly describing one/two of a kind things like switches, etc.
      624a0364
  6. 31 May, 2005 1 commit
  7. 19 Apr, 2004 1 commit
  8. 08 Dec, 2003 1 commit
  9. 11 Sep, 2003 1 commit
  10. 26 Aug, 2003 1 commit
  11. 25 Aug, 2003 1 commit
  12. 03 Feb, 2003 1 commit
  13. 14 Nov, 2002 1 commit
    • Leigh Stoller's avatar
      libdb: Add TBIPtoNodeID utility function. Also some minor jail related · bed7c3ee
      Leigh Stoller authored
      changes; add optinal jailflag argument to TBIsNodeVirtual, and add some
      constants for assigning port ranges to jailed nodes.
      
      newwanode: Allow reuse of existing node. So, if called with an IP that
      already exists in the DB, reuse those records (nodes, interfaces,
      reserved) rather than creating a new one. The web page makes sure that
      the calling node has a valid IP (REMOTE_ADDR equals IP it gives us),
      so it typically means an exiting node is being reinstalled (happening
      with RON nodes right now!).
      bed7c3ee
  14. 27 Sep, 2002 1 commit
  15. 25 Sep, 2002 1 commit
  16. 19 Sep, 2002 1 commit
  17. 17 Aug, 2002 1 commit
  18. 15 Aug, 2002 1 commit