1. 24 Sep, 2012 1 commit
    • Eric Eide's avatar
      Replace license symbols with {{{ }}}-enclosed license blocks. · 6df609a9
      Eric Eide authored
      This commit is intended to makes the license status of Emulab and
      ProtoGENI source files more clear.  It replaces license symbols like
      "EMULAB-COPYRIGHT" and "GENIPUBLIC-COPYRIGHT" with {{{ }}}-delimited
      blocks that contain actual license statements.
      
      This change was driven by the fact that today, most people acquire and
      track Emulab and ProtoGENI sources via git.
      
      Before the Emulab source code was kept in git, the Flux Research Group
      at the University of Utah would roll distributions by making tar
      files.  As part of that process, the Flux Group would replace the
      license symbols in the source files with actual license statements.
      
      When the Flux Group moved to git, people outside of the group started
      to see the source files with the "unexpanded" symbols.  This meant
      that people acquired source files without actual license statements in
      them.  All the relevant files had Utah *copyright* statements in them,
      but without the expanded *license* statements, the licensing status of
      the source files was unclear.
      
      This commit is intended to clear up that confusion.
      
      Most Utah-copyrighted files in the Emulab source tree are distributed
      under the terms of the Affero GNU General Public License, version 3
      (AGPLv3).
      
      Most Utah-copyrighted files related to ProtoGENI are distributed under
      the terms of the GENI Public License, which is a BSD-like open-source
      license.
      
      Some Utah-copyrighted files in the Emulab source tree are distributed
      under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License, version 2.1
      (LGPL).
      6df609a9
  2. 02 Aug, 2007 1 commit
  3. 08 Mar, 2007 1 commit
  4. 24 Oct, 2006 1 commit
  5. 20 Oct, 2006 1 commit
    • Mike Hibler's avatar
      Wow, this should make me look important! · afa5e919
      Mike Hibler authored
      Two-day boondoggle to support "/scratch", an optional large, shared filesystem
      for users.  To do this, I needed to find all the instances where /proj is used
      and behave accordingly.  The boondoggle part was the decision to gather up all
      the hardwired instances of shared directory names ("/proj", "/users", etc.)
      so that they are set in a common place (via unexposed configure variables).
      This is a boondoggle because:
      
      1. I didn't change the client-side scripts.  They need a different mechanism
         (e.g., tmcd) to get the info, configure is the wrong way.
      
      2. Even if I had done #1 it is likely--no, certain--that something would
         fail if you tried to rename "/proj" to be "/mike".  These names are just
         too ingrained.
      
      3. We may not even use "/scratch" as it turns out.
      
      Note, I also didn't fix any of the .html documentation.  Anyway, it is done.
      To maintain my illusion in the future you should:
      
      1. Have perl scripts include "use libtestbed" and use the defined PROJROOT(),
         et.al. functions where possible.  If not possible, make sure they run
         through configure and use @PROJROOT_DIR@, etc.
      
      2. Use the configure method for python, C, php and other languages.
      
      3. There are perl (TBValidUserDir) and php (VALIDUSERPATH) functions which
         you should call to determine if an NS, template parameter, tarball or
         other file are in "an acceptable location."  Use these functions where
         possible.  They know about the optional "scratch" filesystem.  Note that
         the perl function is over-engineered to handles cases that don't occur
         in nature.
      afa5e919
  6. 06 Jun, 2006 1 commit
  7. 18 May, 2006 1 commit
    • Leigh Stoller's avatar
      Address a number of issues raised by Mike. The most notable: · 4d663bb8
      Leigh Stoller authored
      * Rework metadata to be somewhat more general so that they can be used for
        things like parameter descriptions.
      
      * My own little part of javascript hell ... add a highlight around the
        "current" template in the template graph. Sheesh!
      
      * Add more tooltips (using the tooltip library). When you mouseover the
        metadata or descriptions, the formatted text is shown in a tooltip,
        which is handy when the valus is truncated cause its too long for the
        tables.
      4d663bb8
  8. 12 May, 2006 1 commit
    • Leigh Stoller's avatar
      Redo the entire template library. I've been meaning to use perl · 78503406
      Leigh Stoller authored
      "object" and this was a good opportunity to see if they are useful and
      easy enough to use. Yep they are; the code is much cleaner with many
      fewer utility functions to get at stuff. I recommend this approach
      from now on.
      
      The problem is the php side, which ends up duplicating some stuff, but
      in the old style. This is not so bad for the template code since I
      have made it a point not to do anything but display functions in php;
      all modifications are handled in the backend.
      78503406
  9. 05 May, 2006 1 commit