1. 19 Oct, 2010 2 commits
  2. 18 Oct, 2010 1 commit
  3. 17 Oct, 2010 1 commit
  4. 14 Oct, 2010 6 commits
  5. 13 Oct, 2010 3 commits
    • Mike Hibler's avatar
      Remove taint mode from some daemons. · 605a4bd1
      Mike Hibler authored
      That change I made to EmulabConstants.pm.in only worked around one instance
      of the problem.  Apparently in perl 5.10 there is a known bug related to
      taint mode and self loading?  Anyway, the short-term fix is either to move
      to perl 5.12 (no thanks) or disable taint checking failures when we hit the
    • Leigh B Stoller's avatar
      Remove bogus prototype and move untaint of environment before the · 9a38c48e
      Leigh B Stoller authored
      module includes.
    • Mike Hibler's avatar
      Deal with non-numeric OIDs. · 5db62fc4
      Mike Hibler authored
      If a counter returns a non-numeric value, then treat it as zero and print
      a warning.  Most likely these are OIDs that are unimplemented.
      It will only warn once per device per OID, but even that might get tedious
      so warnings can be turned off entirely with a global variable.
  6. 12 Oct, 2010 3 commits
  7. 11 Oct, 2010 3 commits
    • Leigh B Stoller's avatar
      Work on an optimization to the perl code. Maybe you have noticed, but · 92f83e48
      Leigh B Stoller authored
      starting any one of our scripts can take a second or two. That time is
      spent including and compiling 10000s of thousands of lines of perl
      code, both from our libraries and from the perl libraries.
      Mostly this is just a maintenance thing; we just never thought about
      it much and we have a lot more code these days.
      So I have done two things.
      1) I have used SelfLoader() on some of our biggest perl modules.
         SelfLoader delays compilation until code is used. This is not as
         good as AutoLoader() though, and so I did it with just a few 
         modules (the biggest ones).
      2) Mostly I reorganized things:
        a) Split libdb into an EmulabConstants module and all the rest of
           the code, which is slowly getting phased out.
        b) Move little things around to avoid including libdb or Experiment
           (the biggest files).
        c) Change "use foo" in many places to a "require foo" in the
           function that actually uses that module. This was really a big
           win cause we have dozens of cases where we would include a
           module, but use it in only one place and typically not all.
      Most things are now starting up in 1/3 the time. I am hoping this will
      help to reduce the load spiking we see on boss, and also help with the
      upcoming Geni tutorial (which kill boss last time).
    • Jonathon Duerig's avatar
      Bugfix: Fix typo to ClemsonGENI clause · 40a1c96e
      Jonathon Duerig authored
    • Jonathon Duerig's avatar
  8. 08 Oct, 2010 2 commits
  9. 04 Oct, 2010 1 commit
  10. 01 Oct, 2010 1 commit
  11. 30 Sep, 2010 1 commit
  12. 29 Sep, 2010 5 commits
  13. 28 Sep, 2010 3 commits
  14. 24 Sep, 2010 3 commits
  15. 23 Sep, 2010 2 commits
  16. 22 Sep, 2010 3 commits