1. 24 Sep, 2012 1 commit
    • Eric Eide's avatar
      Replace license symbols with {{{ }}}-enclosed license blocks. · 6df609a9
      Eric Eide authored
      This commit is intended to makes the license status of Emulab and
      ProtoGENI source files more clear.  It replaces license symbols like
      "EMULAB-COPYRIGHT" and "GENIPUBLIC-COPYRIGHT" with {{{ }}}-delimited
      blocks that contain actual license statements.
      
      This change was driven by the fact that today, most people acquire and
      track Emulab and ProtoGENI sources via git.
      
      Before the Emulab source code was kept in git, the Flux Research Group
      at the University of Utah would roll distributions by making tar
      files.  As part of that process, the Flux Group would replace the
      license symbols in the source files with actual license statements.
      
      When the Flux Group moved to git, people outside of the group started
      to see the source files with the "unexpanded" symbols.  This meant
      that people acquired source files without actual license statements in
      them.  All the relevant files had Utah *copyright* statements in them,
      but without the expanded *license* statements, the licensing status of
      the source files was unclear.
      
      This commit is intended to clear up that confusion.
      
      Most Utah-copyrighted files in the Emulab source tree are distributed
      under the terms of the Affero GNU General Public License, version 3
      (AGPLv3).
      
      Most Utah-copyrighted files related to ProtoGENI are distributed under
      the terms of the GENI Public License, which is a BSD-like open-source
      license.
      
      Some Utah-copyrighted files in the Emulab source tree are distributed
      under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License, version 2.1
      (LGPL).
      6df609a9
  2. 26 Nov, 2007 1 commit
  3. 20 Sep, 2007 1 commit
  4. 06 Aug, 2007 1 commit
  5. 02 Aug, 2007 1 commit
  6. 09 Mar, 2007 1 commit
  7. 14 Feb, 2007 1 commit
  8. 09 Nov, 2006 1 commit
  9. 09 Oct, 2006 1 commit
  10. 19 Sep, 2006 1 commit
  11. 08 Sep, 2006 1 commit
    • Leigh Stoller's avatar
      Two small changes: · 77d2e17c
      Leigh Stoller authored
      * Handle cancelation of instantiation.
      
      * Call out to template_exprun instead of inlining most of what it does.
      77d2e17c
  12. 07 Sep, 2006 2 commits
    • Leigh Stoller's avatar
      Minor bugfix. · befb3434
      Leigh Stoller authored
      befb3434
    • Leigh Stoller's avatar
      Some changes to how log files are handled; this too way too long to · c01f7b3e
      Leigh Stoller authored
      do!
      
      The original operation was to save up every log file forever in the
      work directory, and copy that out to both the user directory and the
      info directory (long term archive). When I cleaned /proj on ops
      yesterday of all this old cruft, I recoved 17GB of disk space. Yow!
      
      So, the new operation is:
      
      * Only files that end in .log are copied to the user directory. No
        longer copying out .top, .ptop, and a couple of other logs; 99% of
        users never look at these things. We still have them available to us
        though, on boss.
      
      * At the beginning of each swap operation, clean out the work
        directory of all the old log files. These are named a variety of
        ways, so I use some pattern patches to do this.
      
      * Jigger the names a little so that we do not name things in the form
        "$$.log", to avoid copying out different named files to the user
        directory each time; instead link the .log file to the real output
        file so that it gets overwritten each time, while still getting the
        per-swap files for long term storage.
      c01f7b3e
  13. 06 Jun, 2006 1 commit
  14. 25 May, 2006 1 commit
  15. 22 May, 2006 1 commit
  16. 12 May, 2006 1 commit
    • Leigh Stoller's avatar
      Redo the entire template library. I've been meaning to use perl · 78503406
      Leigh Stoller authored
      "object" and this was a good opportunity to see if they are useful and
      easy enough to use. Yep they are; the code is much cleaner with many
      fewer utility functions to get at stuff. I recommend this approach
      from now on.
      
      The problem is the php side, which ends up duplicating some stuff, but
      in the old style. This is not so bad for the template code since I
      have made it a point not to do anything but display functions in php;
      all modifications are handled in the backend.
      78503406
  17. 05 May, 2006 1 commit
  18. 31 Mar, 2006 1 commit
    • Leigh Stoller's avatar
      More experiment run stuff. Also the NS file parsing support that was · 74bf8d1d
      Leigh Stoller authored
      needed (reparsing of NS file with current bindings).
      
      Mostly I decided that I made a huge mistake in using the exptidx as the
      main cross index. I started to change that, which took a bunch of time.
      Still more tables to fix up, but I think all of this code is gonna need
      a major reorg once I am no longer under the gun to get it done.
      74bf8d1d
  19. 29 Mar, 2006 1 commit
  20. 28 Mar, 2006 1 commit