1. 26 Sep, 2007 1 commit
    • Russ Fish's avatar
      Move newgroup page form logic to a backend Perl script and methods. · 3164ca14
      Russ Fish authored
           www/newgroup.php3 - The reworked PHP page.
           www/newgroup_form.php3 - Removed, form merged into newgroup.php3 .
           www/group_defs.php - Add a Group::Create method bridging to the script via XML.
           www/showproject.php3 - Link to newgroup.php3, rather than newgroup_form.php3 .
           configure configure.in  - Add the newgroup backend script.
           backend/{newgroup,GNUmakefile}.in - Add the Perl script.
           db/Group.pm.in - Update the AccessCheck method to allow TB_PROJECT_LEADGROUP.
           sql/database-fill.sql - Add table_regex 'groups' checking patterns.
      3164ca14
  2. 10 Sep, 2007 1 commit
    • Leigh B. Stoller's avatar
      Rework the newosid web page as an example of how I want all of our current · 77540494
      Leigh B. Stoller authored
      form processing to be done.
      
      The gist is that I have moved all of the data checking and DB work to
      the backend into a new script called utils/newosid. This script does
      all the field checking that used to be done in php. It takes a simple
      XML file as input and returns a set of strings to format as errors (if
      there are any).
      
      The overall goal to make a big push to move this code out of PHP and
      perl.  A nice side effect is that many operations that are current
      only available via the web interface will also become available
      command line (and also XMLRPC with a little moew work).
      77540494
  3. 02 Aug, 2007 1 commit
  4. 19 Jun, 2007 1 commit
    • Leigh B. Stoller's avatar
      Big update to the stats gathering code ... · 495f6803
      Leigh B. Stoller authored
      This change attempts to make the stats gathering code more reliable by
      not relying on the testbed_stats records to reconstruct usage
      statistics.  The main source of errors and total confusion in the
      current stats code is that testbed_stats includes all the errors and
      transitions, from which I have to reconstruct what happened in order
      to determine usage by a project or user.
      
      The new stats code still generates the testbed_stats code, but actual
      usage is recorded as it happens, in the experiment_resources table, as
      swapins, swapouts, and swapmods occur. Its also much faster to compute
      the data for the tables in the web interface, not having to scan a
      zillion testbed_stats records in php.
      
      There is a time consuming update to the records that takes place with
      a lot of tables locked.
      495f6803
  5. 17 Apr, 2007 1 commit
  6. 07 Mar, 2007 1 commit
  7. 06 Mar, 2007 1 commit
  8. 13 Feb, 2007 1 commit
  9. 23 Jan, 2007 1 commit
  10. 16 Jan, 2007 2 commits
  11. 05 Jan, 2007 1 commit
  12. 03 Nov, 2006 1 commit
    • Leigh B. Stoller's avatar
      Big set of changes intended to solve a couple of problems with long · ff9061d4
      Leigh B. Stoller authored
      term archiving of firstclass objects like users, projects, and of
      course templates.
      
      * Projects, Users, and Groups are now uniquely identified inside the
        DB by a index value that will not be reused. If necessary, this
        could easily be a globally unique identifier, but without federation
        there is no reason to do that yet.
      
      * Currently, pid, gid, and uid still need to be locally unique until
        all of the changes are in place (which is going to take a fairly
        long time since the entire system operates in terms of those, except
        for the few places that I had to change to get the ball rolling).
      
      * We currently archive deleted users to the deleted_users table (their
        user_stats are kept forever since they are indexed by the new index
        column). Eventually do the same with projects (not sure about
        groups) but since we rarely if ever delete a project, there is no
        rush on this one.
      
      * At the same time, I have started a large reorg of the code, to move
        all of the user, group, project code into modules, both in php and
        perl, turning them into first class "objects" (as far as that goes
        in php and perl). Eventually, the number of query statements
        scattered around the code will be manageable, or so I hope.
      
      * Another related part of this reorg is to make it easier to move the
        new user/project/group code in the perl backend so that it can be
        made available via the xmlrpc interface (without duplication of the
        code).
      ff9061d4
  13. 26 Oct, 2006 1 commit