1. 29 Aug, 2016 1 commit
  2. 20 Mar, 2016 1 commit
  3. 23 Apr, 2015 1 commit
  4. 05 Dec, 2014 1 commit
    • Leigh Stoller's avatar
      More image version fixes and changes. · 3802c0dc
      Leigh Stoller authored
      1. Fixes to allow specific versions of images to be exported; the existing
         path was reverting back to the highest numbered version. So far this has
         not come up, but will with APT and Cloud.
      
      2. Add version argument to image_metadata.php, mostly as a convenience. So
         rather then using the version specific uuid, you can use the image uuid,
         with a version argument. This is actually more sensible, except for one
         important fact; it is not possible to locate a deleted image this way,
         since the image descriptor is gone (only the version descriptors are in
         the DB).
      
         But I went ahead and did it cause there is still some question as to
         whether we care about being able to export a deleted image. We do not
         expose these URLs at this time, but you can use one.
      3802c0dc
  5. 06 Nov, 2013 1 commit
  6. 24 Sep, 2012 1 commit
    • Eric Eide's avatar
      Replace license symbols with {{{ }}}-enclosed license blocks. · 6df609a9
      Eric Eide authored
      This commit is intended to makes the license status of Emulab and
      ProtoGENI source files more clear.  It replaces license symbols like
      "EMULAB-COPYRIGHT" and "GENIPUBLIC-COPYRIGHT" with {{{ }}}-delimited
      blocks that contain actual license statements.
      
      This change was driven by the fact that today, most people acquire and
      track Emulab and ProtoGENI sources via git.
      
      Before the Emulab source code was kept in git, the Flux Research Group
      at the University of Utah would roll distributions by making tar
      files.  As part of that process, the Flux Group would replace the
      license symbols in the source files with actual license statements.
      
      When the Flux Group moved to git, people outside of the group started
      to see the source files with the "unexpanded" symbols.  This meant
      that people acquired source files without actual license statements in
      them.  All the relevant files had Utah *copyright* statements in them,
      but without the expanded *license* statements, the licensing status of
      the source files was unclear.
      
      This commit is intended to clear up that confusion.
      
      Most Utah-copyrighted files in the Emulab source tree are distributed
      under the terms of the Affero GNU General Public License, version 3
      (AGPLv3).
      
      Most Utah-copyrighted files related to ProtoGENI are distributed under
      the terms of the GENI Public License, which is a BSD-like open-source
      license.
      
      Some Utah-copyrighted files in the Emulab source tree are distributed
      under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License, version 2.1
      (LGPL).
      6df609a9
  7. 30 Aug, 2011 1 commit
  8. 21 Aug, 2007 1 commit
    • Leigh Stoller's avatar
      Another round of widearea node hacking for CMU. These changes add · 99346dc0
      Leigh Stoller authored
      widearea reloading support.
      
      * New slot in the images table to store an access key which remote
        sites must provide in order to download an image (via https).
      
      * tmcd returns a different kind of ADDRESS field from doloadinfo.
        Instead of the multicast stuff, return a URL that points to boss'
        web server. The URL is of the form:
      
         https://www.myemulab.net/spewimage.php?imageid=10013&access_key=abcdef
      
        which as you can see is fully specified; the client does not need
        to know anything else.
      
      * New webpage and backend scripts appropriately called "spewimage"
        which also includes support for the http HEAD request (from wget) to
        avoid downloading images that are already on the node. I just
        learned about this HEAD request stuff today ... but otherwise these
        operate as expected, spewing the image if the access key is provided.
      
      * Changes to rc.frisbee to deal with remote loading. In addition to
        URL support, I also added support for simple paths, the intent being
        that we will probably distribute images offline (say, at night) so
        that when a node reboots it doesn't actually have to wait 60 minutes
        for an image to download. I have not added any server side support
        for this yet though. Maybe later this week.
      
      * Other bits and pieces and fixes to make this work.
      99346dc0