1. 09 Sep, 2003 1 commit
  2. 15 Aug, 2003 1 commit
  3. 10 Mar, 2003 1 commit
  4. 25 Nov, 2002 1 commit
  5. 26 Sep, 2002 1 commit
  6. 19 Sep, 2002 1 commit
  7. 28 Aug, 2002 1 commit
  8. 19 Jul, 2002 1 commit
  9. 22 Mar, 2002 1 commit
  10. 11 Mar, 2002 1 commit
    • Leigh Stoller's avatar
      Initial version of RED/GRED support. Chris is going to have to finish · f35ce7e3
      Leigh Stoller authored
      this off, but here is what I did.
      
      Parser: Allow for the following syntax
      
      	set link0  [$ns duplex-link $nodeA $nodeB 100Mb 0ms RED]
      	set queue0 [[$ns link $nodeA $nodeB] queue]
      	$queue0 set gentle_ 1
      	$queue0 set queue-in-bytes_ 0
      	$queue0 set limit_ 50
      	$queue0 set maxthresh_ 20
      	$queue0 set thresh_ 7
      	$queue0 set linterm_ 11
      	$queue0 set q_weight_ 0.004
      
          NB: This differs from the NS syntax (and is the part that Chris
          needs to fix) in that there is just a single queue object per
          duplex link, thus the parameters cannot be set asymmetrically.
          Note, the delay node *does* use a RED/GRED queue in each
          direction, but its params are the same. These TCL hacks took a
          long time for me to get right!
      
          Also note that I have no idea how this stuff relates to LANS! I
          do not allow LANS to be created with RED queues (another item for
          Chris to work on perhaps?).
      
      assign_wrapper: A horrible hack to pass the new fields added to
      virt_lans onto the delays table setup. Also another minor hack ensure
      that a delay node is added when a RED queue is used (for the case when
      no other traffic shaping is done). At the moment, the virt_lans table
      has a single set of fields, while the delays table has the double set;
      one for each direction of the pipe. Here is a listing.
      
          alter table delays add q0_limit int default 0 after lossrate0;
          alter table delays add q0_maxthresh int default 0 after q0_limit;
          alter table delays add q0_minthresh int default 0 after q0_maxthresh;
          alter table delays add q0_weight float default 0.0 after q0_minthresh;
          alter table delays add q0_linterm int default 0 after q0_weight;
          alter table delays add q0_qinbytes tinyint default 0 after q0_linterm;
          alter table delays add q0_bytes tinyint default 0 after q0_qinbytes;
          alter table delays add q0_meanpsize int default 0 after q0_bytes;
          alter table delays add q0_wait int default 0 after q0_meanpsize;
          alter table delays add q0_setbit int default 0 after q0_wait;
          alter table delays add q0_droptail int default 0 after q0_setbit;
          alter table delays add q0_red tinyint default 0 after q0_droptail;
          alter table delays add q0_gentle tinyint default 0 after q0_red;
      
      tmcd/tmcd.c: Change dodelays to pass back all of these fields (for
      both pipes; there are equiv q1 fields in the delays table). Yikes! Its
      done in a backwards compatable manner though, so existing delay nodes
      will continue to work just fine.
      
      tmcd/freebsd/liblocsetup.pm: Change the delays configuration script to
      get all these fields and do something useful with. Of course, our
      delay nodes cannot use a lot of these fields, but the information is
      sent through for the eventuality that we have more sophisticated
      delays nodes.
      
      Test Suite: Add red test dir that has the above syntax as its test.
      f35ce7e3
  11. 25 Jan, 2002 1 commit
  12. 22 Jan, 2002 1 commit
    • Robert Ricci's avatar
      More work on getting the testsute to run on the mini-testbed. Many · 2edf2943
      Robert Ricci authored
      tests still didn't work on the mini-testbed. The less important tests
      have been removed - a few others just modified to work with fewer
      resources.
      
      The tbcmd test is an important one, which would lose something by being
      smaller. So, I've made a copy of it which tests a slightly smaller set
      of functionality, but will run on the mini-testbed.
      2edf2943
  13. 17 Jan, 2002 1 commit
  14. 16 Jan, 2002 1 commit
  15. 11 Jan, 2002 1 commit
  16. 08 Jan, 2002 1 commit
  17. 03 Jan, 2002 1 commit
  18. 24 Jul, 2001 1 commit
    • Christopher Alfeld's avatar
      This commit contains two signifcant changes: · 210aa1ec
      Christopher Alfeld authored
      1. 'tb-set-hardware ... shark' and 'tb-set-hardware ... dnard' are now
      functionally identical.  Previously only the former worked but both passed
      the parser.
      
      2. Assign will now exit very quickly in the case that, for a given virtual
      nodes, there are no physical nodes that could match in type.  This should
      never happen as the parser and assign_wrapper have checks that usually
      prevent this.  However, in the case of problems in the code (such as #1)
      this'll make it easier to debug.  In addition, as we add more types of
      nodes and our estimates becoming increasingly inaccurate cases where this
      might occur could slip in.  All calling code treats this identically to an
      'insufficient resources' failure.
      210aa1ec
  19. 20 Jul, 2001 1 commit
  20. 13 Jul, 2001 1 commit