1. 09 Nov, 2006 1 commit
  2. 24 Oct, 2006 1 commit
  3. 27 Oct, 2005 1 commit
  4. 26 Oct, 2005 1 commit
  5. 03 Oct, 2005 1 commit
  6. 14 Sep, 2005 1 commit
  7. 22 Jun, 2005 1 commit
    • Leigh Stoller's avatar
      Added my simplistic link tracing and monitoring. Example usage and · 7942119e
      Leigh Stoller authored
      some details can be found in the advanced tutorial that I wrote up.
      See this link:
      
      http://www.emulab.net/tutorial/docwrapper.php3?docname=advanced.html#Tracing
      
      The basic idea is that each virt_lan entry gets a couple of new slots
      describing the type of tracing that is desired.
      
        traced tinyint(1) default '0',
        trace_type enum('header','packet','monitor') NOT NULL default 'header',
        trace_expr tinytext,
        trace_snaplen int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
        trace_endnode tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0',
      
      There is a new physical table called "traces" that is a little bit
      like the current delays table. A new tmcd command returns the trace
      configuration to the client nodes (tmcd/common/config/rc.trace).
      
      The delays table got a new boolean called "noshaping" that tells the
      delay node to bridge, but not set up any pipes. This allows us to
      capture traffic at the delay node, but without much less overhead on
      the packets.
      
      The pcapper got bloated up to do packet capture and more event stuff.
      I also had to add some mutex locking around calls into the pcap
      library and around malloc, since the current setup used linuxthreads,
      which is not compatable with the standard libc_r library. I was
      getting all kinds of memory corruption, and I am sure that if someone
      breathes on the pcapper again, it will break in some new way.
      7942119e
  8. 31 May, 2005 1 commit
  9. 26 Jul, 2004 1 commit
  10. 18 Mar, 2004 1 commit
  11. 15 Mar, 2004 1 commit
  12. 23 Feb, 2004 1 commit
  13. 17 Nov, 2003 1 commit
    • Leigh Stoller's avatar
      Merge the two state machines (batchstate and state) into a single · 2025e0bd
      Leigh Stoller authored
      state machine (state). All of the stuff that was previously handled by
      using batchstate is now embedded into the one state machine. Of
      course, these mostly overlapped, so its not that much of a change,
      except that we also redid the machine, adding more states (for
      example, modify phases are now explicit. To get a picture of the
      actual state machine, on boss:
      
      		stategraph -o newstates EXPTSTATE
      		gv newstates.ps
      
      Things to note:
      
      * The "batchstate" slot of the experiments table is now used solely to
        provide a lock for batch daemon. A secondary change will be to
        change the slot name to something more appropriate, but it can
        happen anytime after this new stuff is installed.
      
      * I have left expt_locked for now, but another later change will be to remove
        expt_locked, and change it to active_busy or some such new state name in
        the state machine. I have removed most uses of expt_locked, except those
        that were necessary until there is a new state to replace it.
      
      * These new changes are an implementation of the new state machine,
        but I have not done anything fancy. Most of the code is the same as
        it was before.
      
      * I suspect that there are races with the batch daemon now, but they
        are going to be rare, and the end result is probably that a
        cancelation is delayed a little bit.
      2025e0bd
  14. 23 Apr, 2003 1 commit
  15. 05 Mar, 2003 1 commit
  16. 07 Jul, 2002 1 commit
  17. 12 May, 2002 1 commit
  18. 27 Nov, 2001 1 commit
  19. 15 Nov, 2001 1 commit
  20. 31 Oct, 2001 1 commit
    • Leigh Stoller's avatar
      A bunch of backend delay node changes. Change the delays DB table to · fe13d60f
      Leigh Stoller authored
      hold separate values for each of the two pipes. This allows us to
      treat the links asymmetrically with respect to the delay node
      configuration. Changes to tmcd to return the expanded info, and rework
      (completely) delay_config to allow user to change the duplex
      characteristics (just like before), or just simplex characteristics by
      specifying the pipe number. By convention (I invented) pipe 0 is
      traffic coming in on iface0. Of course, none of the front end stuff
      has been changed, so the changing a single pipe does not cause
      anything in virt_lans to be changed, so those changes will be lost at
      swapout. Also get rid of all the ssh'ed pipe config stuff in
      delay_config. Instead, add a client side script called update_delays
      to /etc/testbed on the experiment nodes. After updating the delays
      table, just ssh over and run that script, which calls the existing
      code. Less distribution of knowledge.
      fe13d60f
  21. 24 Oct, 2001 1 commit
  22. 23 Aug, 2001 1 commit
    • Mac Newbold's avatar
      Lots of small changes for turning our 'require lib*' lines into 'use lib*'... · e2ed8a1c
      Mac Newbold authored
      Lots of small changes for turning our 'require lib*' lines into 'use lib*' lines. Proper modules declare themselves as a package, and use Exporter to export the names of the subroutines that should be visible from the outside world. Many of ours didn't do that, it was just a file with a bunch of subs in it. So now I've fixed many of them to be proper, and removed the requires and 'push(@INC,...)' hacks and changed it to the proper 'use lib @prefix@/lib/;' and use lib*.
      e2ed8a1c
  23. 10 Aug, 2001 1 commit
  24. 15 Jun, 2001 1 commit