1. 02 Dec, 2014 1 commit
  2. 26 Nov, 2014 1 commit
    • Kirk Webb's avatar
      Fix account listing for vnodes on shared hosts. · 2b2c7bd3
      Kirk Webb authored
      In my cleanup of the "doaccounts" code, it looks like I was a bit
      overzealous. The logic for detecting when a node is a shared vnode
      host was incomplete, and so matched for the vnodes themselves too.
      2b2c7bd3
  3. 23 Nov, 2014 1 commit
    • Mike Hibler's avatar
      Be consistent with the newnode script. · ab7da9fd
      Mike Hibler authored
      Apparently at some point in the past, wire info for new nodes moved into
      its own table rather than using the switch_* fields of new_interfaces.
      For Geniracks or if a certain feature is set, then this new style is used.
      
      However, newscript unconditionally assumed the new format and generated
      incomplete entries for non-Geniracks. Newscript now makes the same checks
      as newnode.
      ab7da9fd
  4. 21 Nov, 2014 1 commit
  5. 19 Nov, 2014 2 commits
    • Kirk Webb's avatar
      Clear taint states from nodes in the proper place (on 'reloading' exit). · 721bb6bc
      Kirk Webb authored
      Move the taint clearing action so that it happens as the node exits
      the "reloading" experiment (vs. when it goes into reloading).
      721bb6bc
    • Kirk Webb's avatar
      Sprinkle taint checks throughout tmcd to avert privilege escalation. · d9c27fac
      Kirk Webb authored
      Also add utility function to allow the node to get the exact details of
      the image it is running ('imageinfo').
      
      Some of the taint checks are rather heavy-handed presently.  Pretty much
      any vector that could be used by the user to do something as root has
      been severed right at the top of the relevant tmcd calls.
      
      Calls affected:
      
      manifest ('blackbox' and 'useronly' taintstates)
      rpms ('blackbox' and 'useronly' taintstates)
      tarballs ('blackbox' and 'useronly' taintstates)
      blobs ('blackbox' and 'useronly' taintstates)
      startupcmd ('blackbox' taintstate)
      mounts ('blackbox' taintstate)
      programs ('blackbox' taintstate)
      
      Taint handling for the 'accounts' call was dealt with in a prior commit.
      d9c27fac
  6. 18 Nov, 2014 2 commits
  7. 17 Nov, 2014 1 commit
  8. 16 Nov, 2014 2 commits
  9. 15 Nov, 2014 1 commit
  10. 14 Nov, 2014 6 commits
  11. 13 Nov, 2014 1 commit
  12. 12 Nov, 2014 17 commits
  13. 11 Nov, 2014 4 commits
    • Kirk Webb's avatar
      Ugh - fix my recent fix. · cc4d9597
      Kirk Webb authored
      cc4d9597
    • Mike Hibler's avatar
      Attempt to prevent progmode capture from hanging on program death. · 07a25b09
      Mike Hibler authored
      I was attempting to read back any last words the program might have
      uttered, but if it said nothing, we would hang. I would not have
      expected this behavior from a pipe (actually, socketpair) when the
      other end has gone away! But, make it non blocking before we read
      to be safe.
      07a25b09
    • Leigh Stoller's avatar
      Minor bug fix. · 5e618d1a
      Leigh Stoller authored
      5e618d1a
    • Mike Hibler's avatar
      Fix a bug when expanding the list of images implied by delta images. · a62de08a
      Mike Hibler authored
      I was expanding a global list in a loop for every node. So for each
      node, I was finding all the delta images in the ever-growing list and
      adding their dependencies (again!) making the list even larger. In an
      experiment loading a two-level delta image on 8 nodes, the list included
      40+ copies of the same three images to load by the time we got to the last
      node. However, no node attempted to load all those images because tmcd
      exceeded its reply buffer size on the "loadinfo" call and would not
      return anything. Of course, by then we had computed a max wait time
      based on image.max_wait * 45 so the experiment suffered a slow, lingering
      death even though the nodes were not doing anything.
      
      Beware, I do not know if I got the "access key" code right for remote
      nodes. Not even sure if we use that path anymore. I attempted to fix it
      in libosload, I did not even try in libosload_new.
      a62de08a