We are slowly migrating the old FAQ to the new wiki ...
- Is there a help forum? Yes! Join Emulab Users.
- Who is eligible to use Emulab?
- [How to start a project](faq/Getting Started/How to start a project)
- [How to join a project](faq/Getting Started/How to join a project)
- Will Emulab send me email?
- Can I be in multiple projects?
- As Project Leader, can I designate TAs?
- I forgot my password.
Using the Testbed
- Is there a Tutorial? Yes! See the manual.
- What happened to the old Emulab?
- How many nodes can I ask for?
- How long can I keep my nodes?
- Can I reserve nodes for an experiment? Yes! See the manual.
- I need more nodes then are free. Use the reservation system.
- [Do I get root access on my nodes?](faq/Using the Testbed/Do I get root access)
- Do my nodes have consoles?
- Can I reboot (power cycle) my nodes?
- Can I reload the disk on my nodes?
- Are my nodes (my data) backed up?
- What does 'too many links' mean?
- What is the 'control network'?
- Can I use multicast in my experiments?
How do I ...
In this section of the FAQ, we demonstrate how to do various tasks, using example profiles that you can instantiate yourself, or copy and modify.
- Allocate a single PC
- Allocate a single XEN VM
- Modify XEN VM Resources
- Select Operating System
- Choose a specific hardware type
- Choose a specific node
- Create a link between two nodes
- Create a lan of several nodes
- Set the bandwidth, latency, plr on a link/lan
- Add local disk space to your node
- Add remote disk space to your node
- Install/Execute software automatically
- SSH between nodes as root user