Automation of console setup
We never got around to either documenting, or better, automating the setup of console logging in Emulab. A couple of things that have to be done:
- Some interface in
newnodeto allow the user to specify what/where the console for a node is.
- Code to auto-add DB state for serial or SOL consoles.
- Additional DB state (e.g., tty names) necessary to autogen capture entries to produce the equivalent of
- Code to add newsyslog.conf entries to roll console logs.
- Instructions for setup of
- Fill out FreeBSD package for
- Method for updating Emulab software on tipserv nodes.
There is probably more.
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS. More information