1. 13 May, 2015 1 commit
  2. 12 Jan, 2015 2 commits
  3. 08 Jan, 2015 1 commit
  4. 14 Dec, 2014 1 commit
  5. 11 Nov, 2014 1 commit
  6. 28 Oct, 2014 1 commit
  7. 27 Aug, 2014 1 commit
  8. 14 May, 2013 1 commit
  9. 17 Jan, 2013 1 commit
  10. 24 Sep, 2012 1 commit
    • Eric Eide's avatar
      Replace license symbols with {{{ }}}-enclosed license blocks. · 6df609a9
      Eric Eide authored
      This commit is intended to makes the license status of Emulab and
      ProtoGENI source files more clear.  It replaces license symbols like
      "EMULAB-COPYRIGHT" and "GENIPUBLIC-COPYRIGHT" with {{{ }}}-delimited
      blocks that contain actual license statements.
      
      This change was driven by the fact that today, most people acquire and
      track Emulab and ProtoGENI sources via git.
      
      Before the Emulab source code was kept in git, the Flux Research Group
      at the University of Utah would roll distributions by making tar
      files.  As part of that process, the Flux Group would replace the
      license symbols in the source files with actual license statements.
      
      When the Flux Group moved to git, people outside of the group started
      to see the source files with the "unexpanded" symbols.  This meant
      that people acquired source files without actual license statements in
      them.  All the relevant files had Utah *copyright* statements in them,
      but without the expanded *license* statements, the licensing status of
      the source files was unclear.
      
      This commit is intended to clear up that confusion.
      
      Most Utah-copyrighted files in the Emulab source tree are distributed
      under the terms of the Affero GNU General Public License, version 3
      (AGPLv3).
      
      Most Utah-copyrighted files related to ProtoGENI are distributed under
      the terms of the GENI Public License, which is a BSD-like open-source
      license.
      
      Some Utah-copyrighted files in the Emulab source tree are distributed
      under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License, version 2.1
      (LGPL).
      6df609a9
  11. 17 Jul, 2012 1 commit
    • Leigh B Stoller's avatar
      Add tracking of control net mac addresses in the node_history. · bb66f52e
      Leigh B Stoller authored
      For InstaGeni, need to record and be able to search for history by
      control net mac address. We now record this in the node_history table,
      with corresponding change to the ShowNodeHistory web page.
      
      The backend changes required are that we 1) actually generate a mac
      address for VMs and stick it into the interfaces record, 2) return
      that mac from tmcd in the jailconfig, and 3) have the openvz library
      create the control net interface using that mac.
      
      On the openvz image, needed to switch to using a control network
      bridge for all interfaces (not just routable ones) so that traffic
      leaves the node with the correct mac.
      bb66f52e
  12. 16 Mar, 2012 1 commit
  13. 30 Jan, 2012 1 commit
  14. 07 Oct, 2011 2 commits
  15. 05 Oct, 2011 1 commit
  16. 28 Jul, 2011 1 commit
  17. 24 Mar, 2011 1 commit
  18. 15 Oct, 2010 1 commit
    • Mike Hibler's avatar
      Add autoconf variable to control use of SelfLoader. · da55641a
      Mike Hibler authored
      This is a fer-now hack.  Perl 5.10 has issues with bogus taint check
      triggers that appear quite often when using the SelfLoader.  Now if you put:
          SELFLOADER_DATA=""
      In your defs-* file, it will disable the uses that cause problems.  Yes,
      the configure script should figure out if this is needed for you, but...
      another time.
      da55641a
  19. 12 Oct, 2010 2 commits
  20. 11 Oct, 2010 1 commit
    • Leigh B Stoller's avatar
      Work on an optimization to the perl code. Maybe you have noticed, but · 92f83e48
      Leigh B Stoller authored
      starting any one of our scripts can take a second or two. That time is
      spent including and compiling 10000s of thousands of lines of perl
      code, both from our libraries and from the perl libraries.
      
      Mostly this is just a maintenance thing; we just never thought about
      it much and we have a lot more code these days.
      
      So I have done two things.
      
      1) I have used SelfLoader() on some of our biggest perl modules.
         SelfLoader delays compilation until code is used. This is not as
         good as AutoLoader() though, and so I did it with just a few 
         modules (the biggest ones).
      
      2) Mostly I reorganized things:
      
        a) Split libdb into an EmulabConstants module and all the rest of
           the code, which is slowly getting phased out.
      
        b) Move little things around to avoid including libdb or Experiment
           (the biggest files).
      
        c) Change "use foo" in many places to a "require foo" in the
           function that actually uses that module. This was really a big
           win cause we have dozens of cases where we would include a
           module, but use it in only one place and typically not all.
      
      Most things are now starting up in 1/3 the time. I am hoping this will
      help to reduce the load spiking we see on boss, and also help with the
      upcoming Geni tutorial (which kill boss last time).
      92f83e48
  21. 26 Apr, 2010 1 commit
  22. 22 Sep, 2009 1 commit
  23. 21 Sep, 2009 1 commit
  24. 18 Sep, 2009 1 commit
  25. 01 Apr, 2009 2 commits
  26. 02 Mar, 2009 1 commit
  27. 07 May, 2008 1 commit