1. 15 Jan, 2004 4 commits
  2. 14 Jan, 2004 22 commits
  3. 13 Jan, 2004 4 commits
  4. 12 Jan, 2004 10 commits
    • Robert Ricci's avatar
      6faa393a
    • Robert Ricci's avatar
      Snapshot · 20770ea5
      Robert Ricci authored
      20770ea5
    • Robert Ricci's avatar
      Several changes, mostly targeted at jail and simulation-type · 3a345f8e
      Robert Ricci authored
      topologies.
      
      First, added a new 'summary' of the solution, when the '-u' option is
      given. It's a view of things from the physical side - prints out how
      many vnodes were mapped to each pnode, as well as how much bandwidth
      (trivial and non-trivial) was used on each node. For 'normal' nodes,
      we also print out all links used and how much bandwidth was used on
      each of them. For switches, we print only inter-switch links. This is
      amazingly helpful in getting an intuitive feel for how well assign is
      doing.
      
      Added a SIGINFO handler for the impatient (like me) to see things such
      as the current temperature, and current and best scores, while assign
      is running.
      
      Fixed a bug in which emulated links could get over-subscribed, as well
      as a few other misc. bugfixes.
      
      Changed the way assign goes through the list of a node's pclasses in
      random order - there were problems with the old way in which you could
      end up with a situation in which some pnodes were chosen with a much
      higher probability than others. Now, rather than treating the list as
      a ring and starting at a random place, we make a randomly-ordered list
      of the pclasseses, and go through it from start to finish.
      
      Did some work on dynamic pclasses so that we adjust the estimate of
      the neighborhood size to account for disabled pclasses (ie. pnodes
      that have nothing mapped to them yet.)
      
      Changed the way that find_link_to_switch() decides on the best link to
      use - the old method was doing very poorly at bin-packing emulated
      links into plinks. I now use a simple first-fit algorithm. This made a
      pretty big difference. I may try some other fast bin-packing
      approximation algorithm, but my main fear is that all of the good ones
      (such as the 'sort from largest to smallest, then do first-fit'
      algorithm) may require re-mapping other links. This might be slow,
      and/or it might make it difficult, if not impossible, to keep
      add_node() and remove_node() symmetric.
      
      Combinded direct_link() and find_link_to_switch() into
      find_best_link(), since they really do the same thing.
      
      Standardized on std::random() to get random numbers - previosuly, some
      calls were using std::rand().
      
      The big one: I added a find_pnode_connected() function that finds a
      random pnode that one of the vnode's neighbors in the virtual graph is
      assigned to. Then, with a random probability (given with the -c option
      on the command line), we try that function to find a pnode first (if
      it fails, we still call find_pnode() ). Of course, this is only really
      applicable when you have a reasonable degree of vnode-to-pnode
      multiplexing. In the test case I'm using, this managed to get 3x as
      much bandwidth into trivial links as just using find_pnode().
      3a345f8e
    • Shashi Guruprasad's avatar
    • Leigh B. Stoller's avatar
      b39f9432
    • Leigh B. Stoller's avatar
      Remove all trace of proxydhcp! · 3f943535
      Leigh B. Stoller authored
      3f943535
    • Mike Hibler's avatar
      0bc1d045
    • Leigh B. Stoller's avatar
      a2f3e045
    • Leigh B. Stoller's avatar
      Add -a option to reboot all free pcs. · 7eb2adb6
      Leigh B. Stoller authored
      7eb2adb6
    • Leigh B. Stoller's avatar
      Add commitlog for bootinfo stuff. · 17a431e7
      Leigh B. Stoller authored
      17a431e7