1. 05 Nov, 2003 4 commits
    • Robert Ricci's avatar
      Fix minor visual bug. · bf5b43d3
      Robert Ricci authored
      bf5b43d3
    • Leigh B. Stoller's avatar
      Frontend and parser portion of two event system changes: · 091a0b62
      Leigh B. Stoller authored
      * Generate a shared secret key for the event system. This key is
        stored into the DB, and passed to the node via tmcd. It is also
        stashed into a file in the experiment directory (can be accessed
        only by the project/group members). The key is used to attach a
        HMAC (hashed message authentication) to each event, which is checked
        by the receivers to ensure that the event is not bogus. More details
        on this later when I commit the event library/client changes.
      
      * Added "virt_programs" table to store info about each program object
        defined by the user. The intent is to no longer send the command
        string in the event, but to fix it in the DB, and transfer it via
        tmcd. This removes our "remote execution facility" which was always
        a bad idea (we have ssh for that, and that is a lot more secure then
        the event system!).
      
        Note that for the time being we need to continue send the command in
        the event because of old images, but the new images will now ignore
        that part of the event.
      091a0b62
    • Leigh B. Stoller's avatar
      c21683ef
    • Leigh B. Stoller's avatar
      Bring back the Alternative PHP cache. The apc.so module is installed · d117955a
      Leigh B. Stoller authored
      in the php extensions directory, and the following two lines were
      added to /usr/local/etc/php.ini:
      
      	extension_dir = /usr/local/lib/php/20020429/
      	extension="apc.so"
      
      The new version is a little odd in that it is more difficult to clear
      the cache, which we must do when we install new pages. Rather then
      jump through too many hoops, I added a simple clearapc.php page, which
      does nothing but make the call from within the webserver. I have
      hooked this into the make install target using wget. If you care to
      see what is currently in the cache, you can load this page:
      
      	https://www.emulab.net/apc.php
      
      which gives a non-pretty print dump of the cache. To clear the cache
      from your web browser:
      
      	https://www.emulab.net/clearapc.php
      d117955a
  2. 04 Nov, 2003 2 commits
  3. 03 Nov, 2003 1 commit
  4. 01 Nov, 2003 1 commit
    • Kirk Webb's avatar
      Couple important, but small fixes: · 92eb1d5e
      Kirk Webb authored
      1) properly disable alarm before exiting ForkCmd
         - this was causing SIGALRM to get sent when it shouldn't have, and
           probably caused the renewal failures.
         - was introduced accidentally yesterday when I unwittingly committed
           some beta libplab code along with the rootball version string fix.
      
      2) Changed semantics of the renew daemon s.t. it only sends a single message
         for each invocation of the renewal loop - summarizes the ones that failed.
      
      The rest of the code I committed accidentally yesterday seems to be working
      just fine.  It all looks sane on perusal.
      92eb1d5e
  5. 31 Oct, 2003 9 commits
  6. 30 Oct, 2003 5 commits
  7. 29 Oct, 2003 3 commits
  8. 28 Oct, 2003 8 commits
  9. 27 Oct, 2003 5 commits
  10. 26 Oct, 2003 1 commit
  11. 24 Oct, 2003 1 commit
    • Robert Ricci's avatar
      Commit the stuff necessary to copy out new plab rootballs, versions of · d12f9b61
      Robert Ricci authored
      which had been hanging around in my home directory for a while.
      
      There are a few new things in plab/etc/netbed_files that set up a
      directory of the same name in @prefix@. This will get rsync'ed with
      netbed_files/ on each planetlab node.
      log/  - just needs to exist for the httpd server
      sbin/ - contains thttpd, and scripts to manipulate it
      www/  - the directory served by thttpd. Contains symlinks to the 'real'
              location of the rootballs (etc/plab)
      
      I've committed a binary of thttpd - this is simply because it'd be a
      PITA to compile a Linux binary for every devel tree, etc.
      
      PLAB_ROOTBALL has now become a configure options. The idea is that we
      will keep the latest version number in configure.in, but you can
      override it in your defs
      file. This way, we don't have to update every defs file when there's a new
      version, but people can still play around with their own version if they want.
      
      The two scripts that interact with the plab nodes skip ones that are
      down. They ssh in as 'utah1', meaning that one of us who has access to
      that account needs to run them, so that they can have access to our
      keys. We can put boss's public key (or something) out there to remove
      this requirement.
      
      plabdist runs an rsync between @prefix@/etc/plab/netbed_files and a
      file of the same name on the planetlab nodes. It's intended to be run
      from the main install tree - the local rsync directory is not normally
      set up in devel trees. It runs in parallel, but is limited to 4 to
      avoid beating up boss too much. Takes about 1:40 with the current set
      of plab nodes (took > 10 minutes doing one at a time).
      
      plabhttpd (re)starts the mini web server on all plab nodes
      d12f9b61