1. 17 Jul, 2012 1 commit
    • Leigh B Stoller's avatar
      Add tracking of control net mac addresses in the node_history. · bb66f52e
      Leigh B Stoller authored
      For InstaGeni, need to record and be able to search for history by
      control net mac address. We now record this in the node_history table,
      with corresponding change to the ShowNodeHistory web page.
      
      The backend changes required are that we 1) actually generate a mac
      address for VMs and stick it into the interfaces record, 2) return
      that mac from tmcd in the jailconfig, and 3) have the openvz library
      create the control net interface using that mac.
      
      On the openvz image, needed to switch to using a control network
      bridge for all interfaces (not just routable ones) so that traffic
      leaves the node with the correct mac.
      bb66f52e
  2. 16 Mar, 2012 1 commit
  3. 30 Jan, 2012 1 commit
  4. 07 Oct, 2011 2 commits
  5. 05 Oct, 2011 1 commit
  6. 28 Jul, 2011 1 commit
  7. 24 Mar, 2011 1 commit
  8. 15 Oct, 2010 1 commit
    • Mike Hibler's avatar
      Add autoconf variable to control use of SelfLoader. · da55641a
      Mike Hibler authored
      This is a fer-now hack.  Perl 5.10 has issues with bogus taint check
      triggers that appear quite often when using the SelfLoader.  Now if you put:
          SELFLOADER_DATA=""
      In your defs-* file, it will disable the uses that cause problems.  Yes,
      the configure script should figure out if this is needed for you, but...
      another time.
      da55641a
  9. 12 Oct, 2010 2 commits
  10. 11 Oct, 2010 1 commit
    • Leigh B Stoller's avatar
      Work on an optimization to the perl code. Maybe you have noticed, but · 92f83e48
      Leigh B Stoller authored
      starting any one of our scripts can take a second or two. That time is
      spent including and compiling 10000s of thousands of lines of perl
      code, both from our libraries and from the perl libraries.
      
      Mostly this is just a maintenance thing; we just never thought about
      it much and we have a lot more code these days.
      
      So I have done two things.
      
      1) I have used SelfLoader() on some of our biggest perl modules.
         SelfLoader delays compilation until code is used. This is not as
         good as AutoLoader() though, and so I did it with just a few 
         modules (the biggest ones).
      
      2) Mostly I reorganized things:
      
        a) Split libdb into an EmulabConstants module and all the rest of
           the code, which is slowly getting phased out.
      
        b) Move little things around to avoid including libdb or Experiment
           (the biggest files).
      
        c) Change "use foo" in many places to a "require foo" in the
           function that actually uses that module. This was really a big
           win cause we have dozens of cases where we would include a
           module, but use it in only one place and typically not all.
      
      Most things are now starting up in 1/3 the time. I am hoping this will
      help to reduce the load spiking we see on boss, and also help with the
      upcoming Geni tutorial (which kill boss last time).
      92f83e48
  11. 26 Apr, 2010 1 commit
  12. 22 Sep, 2009 1 commit
  13. 21 Sep, 2009 1 commit
  14. 18 Sep, 2009 1 commit
  15. 01 Apr, 2009 2 commits
  16. 02 Mar, 2009 1 commit
  17. 07 May, 2008 1 commit