1. 30 Sep, 2003 13 commits
    • David Anderson's avatar
    • David Anderson's avatar
      Added linktest daemon · 1079131b
      David Anderson authored
    • David Anderson's avatar
      *** empty log message *** · 4da7d544
      David Anderson authored
    • Leigh B. Stoller's avatar
      Minor changes to allow jails to report start command status so that · eebd0c07
      Leigh B. Stoller authored
      batch jobs will end! There were two problems; 1) The socket was
      744, so mere users were not able to run tmcc. 2) libsetup was not
      even using the proxy socket cause it was never looking for it.
    • Leigh B. Stoller's avatar
      Init delaynodes and jail hosting nodes with startstatus=0 so that · 55db053e
      Leigh B. Stoller authored
      the batch system see's them as always done. There is no reason to do
      this from the node itself, since it would be really hard to have
      either a jail or delay node without other nodes in the topology!
    • Leigh B. Stoller's avatar
      At almost 500 users, its getting hard to find people. Added a dopey · 5b013108
      Leigh B. Stoller authored
      search box so that we can search for a user name.
    • Leigh B. Stoller's avatar
      Forget to change the call to nscheck in beginexp to obey the new · 0acee310
      Leigh B. Stoller authored
      protocol for external scripts. Now that Mike has been successfully
      embarrased in front of everyone, I will document said protocol:
      	$status < 0 - Fatal error. Email output to tbops.
      	$status = 0 - Everything okay!
      	$status > 0 - Expected error. Give results to user only.
      Of course, only 4 scripts have been adapted to the new protocol, but
      thats okay. I'm sure Mike will trip over them all eventually.
    • Leigh B. Stoller's avatar
      Update · a764da8b
      Leigh B. Stoller authored
    • Leigh B. Stoller's avatar
      Remove tiny bit of debugging code. · f3c381da
      Leigh B. Stoller authored
    • Leigh B. Stoller's avatar
      Commit some changes that I did last week. The plab monitord is still · 49628455
      Leigh B. Stoller authored
      awaiting word from Kirk.
    • Leigh B. Stoller's avatar
      Add minor comment about existing bug. · 56ca54d1
      Leigh B. Stoller authored
    • Leigh B. Stoller's avatar
      Minor fix for ixpboot. · f21f03c6
      Leigh B. Stoller authored
    • Leigh B. Stoller's avatar
      Up to now we have had two state variables associated with an experiment, · 4269dad1
      Leigh B. Stoller authored
      plus a lock field. The lock field was a simple "experiment locked, go away"
      slot that is easy to use when you do not care about the actual state that
      an experiment is in, just that it is in "transition" and should not be
      messed with.
      The other two state variables are "state" and "batchstate". The former
      (state) is the original variable that Chris added, and was used by the tb*
      scripts to make sure that the experiment was in the state each particular
      script wanted them to be in. But over time (and with the addition of so
      much wrapper goo around them), "state" has leaked out all over the place to
      determine what operations on an experiment are allowed, and if/when it
      should be displayed in various web pages. There are a set of transition
      states in addition to the usual "active", "swapped", etc like "swapping"
      that make testing state a pain in the butt.
      I added the other state variable ("batchstate") when I did the batch
      system, obviously! It was intended as a wrapper state to control access to
      the batch queue, and to prevent batch experiments from being messed with
      except when it was really okay (for example, its okay to terminate a
      swapped out batch experiment, but not a swapped in batch experiment since
      that would confuse the batch daemon). There are fewer of these states, plus
      one additional state for "modifying" experiments.
      So what I have done is change the system to use "batchstate" for all
      experiments to control entry into the swap system, from the web interface,
      from the command line, and from the batch daemon. The other state variable
      still exists, and will be brutally pushed back under the surface until its
      just a vague memory, used only by the original tb* scripts. This will
      happen over time, and the "batchstate" variable will be renamed once I am
      convinced that this was the right thing to do and that my changes actually
      work as intended.
      Only people who have bothered to read this far will know that I also added
      the ability to cancel experiment swapin in progress. For that I am using
      the "canceled" flag (ah, this one was named properly from the start!), and
      I test that at various times in assign_wrapper and tbswap. A minor downside
      right now is that a canceled swapin looks too much like a failed swapin,
      and so tbops gets email about it. I'll fix that at some point (sometime
      after the boss complains).
      I also cleaned up various bits of code, replacing direct calls to exec
      with calls to the recently improved SUEXEC interface. This removes
      some cruft from each script that calls an external script.
      Cleaned up modifyexp.ph3 quite a bit, reformatting and indenting.
      Also fixed to not run the parser directly! This was very wrong; should
      call nscheck instead. Changed to use "nobody" group instead of group
      flux (made the same change in nscheck).
      There is a script in the sql directory called newstates.pl. It needs
      to be run to initialize the batchstate slot of the experiments table
      for all existing experiments.
  2. 29 Sep, 2003 7 commits
  3. 28 Sep, 2003 1 commit
  4. 27 Sep, 2003 1 commit
  5. 26 Sep, 2003 14 commits
  6. 25 Sep, 2003 4 commits