1. 12 Apr, 2011 1 commit
  2. 07 Apr, 2011 6 commits
  3. 06 Apr, 2011 4 commits
  4. 05 Apr, 2011 2 commits
  5. 04 Apr, 2011 1 commit
  6. 31 Mar, 2011 3 commits
  7. 30 Mar, 2011 2 commits
  8. 28 Mar, 2011 2 commits
    • Jonathon Duerig's avatar
      5e7ba61e
    • Leigh B Stoller's avatar
      Begin the transition away from the ancient Mysql.pm module to the more · 5030b44d
      Leigh B Stoller authored
      current and maintained DBI::mysql module. A couple of things make this
      a little more work then you might think.
      
      Mysql exports a slightly different API then DBI, both at the DB *and*
      the statement level. The former required some restructuring of
      emdbi.pm, partly cause we want external sites to continue using Mysql
      for a while longer. So, emdbi suppports both interfaces, via the
      configure variable TBUSEDBI.
      
      I also took the opportunity to also scrap the existing fork()
      detection code and redo it in an easier to understand manner.
      Actually, I had no idea what the previous code was trying to do, so it
      was easier to just get rid of it, rather then try to make it work for
      the DBI API.
      
      There are also API differences in the "statement" class, but
      fortunately this can be hidden by wrapping the statement class with a
      wrapper that adds the routines we need to avoid making silly changes
      to 1000s of queries. They are all trivial little things since mostly
      its a matter of naming (numrows --> rows).
      
      I also changed the library we use on ops (db/libtbdb.pm.in) to use
      DBI, but in this case I just switched it over. Seemed like overkill to
      worry about supporting both APIs on ops. If it works it works, and so
      far it does. 
      
      Lastly, the following modules still use Mysql directly. They all need
      to be changed, but none of these are on the critical path to swapin
      and swapout, so they can change later.
      
      db/dumperrorlog.proxy.in
      db/showgraph.in
      db/sitevarscheck.in
      bgmon/find-asymmetric
      db/pelab_opspush.proxy.in
      slothd/sdisrunning.in
      utils/export_tables.in
      utils/setbuildinfo.in
      pelab/bgmon/libpelabdb.pm
      pelab/dbmonitor/libtbdb.pm
      5030b44d
  9. 24 Mar, 2011 3 commits
  10. 21 Mar, 2011 1 commit
    • Leigh B Stoller's avatar
      First attempt at fixing deadlock when stitching. This happens if both · 3cdbe5f7
      Leigh B Stoller authored
      sides try to stitch at the same time. One side has to back off and let
      the other proceed. The problem is with the slice locking, which had to
      be changed to allow one side to drop the lock so the other side could
      proceed. I ended up doing this with an additional stitching lock, used
      only when stitching.
      3cdbe5f7
  11. 08 Mar, 2011 1 commit
  12. 04 Mar, 2011 1 commit
  13. 02 Mar, 2011 1 commit
  14. 01 Mar, 2011 1 commit
  15. 24 Feb, 2011 1 commit
  16. 23 Feb, 2011 2 commits
  17. 22 Feb, 2011 1 commit
  18. 17 Feb, 2011 3 commits
  19. 16 Feb, 2011 4 commits