1) Removed a change I put a couple of weeks ago; The loss tests now run in
both directions at the same time again. I had put in a delay, attempting to see if that might help the packet loss problems; I do not think it does. So, loss tests will complete faster. 2) Changed the duration for the bw tests as we discussed. I did a quickie trial, and ended up with: x > 33Mbs 3 seconds 33Mbs > x > 10Mbs 5 seconds 10Mbs > x > 64Kbs 7 seconds Then add 3 seconds if the loss if over 10% The above numbers are very conservative; we can probably do better, but it would take a longer set of trials (across a variety bw/delay products). Remember, all bw tests ran for 10 seconds (in each direction). 3) Add in the ethernet/ip/udp overhead to the bw results; Much nicer. I reduced the allowed error factor fom 6% to 2%, although its actually within less then 1% most of the time. 4) Allow BW checks when there is loss on the link; previously linktest skipped any link with loss on it. Since we UDP for the tests, we can fairly well estimate what the BW will be. This is not perfect yet, especially with low BW, high loss links. We need to run some trials to see where accuracy falls off too far, or how to compensate for it. 5) Added some more time stamps.
Showing with 149 additions and 43 deletions